First Day - Chapter 1

First days are always important right?

I pride myself on my youthful face, my smooth and gentle brunette hair which flows to my waist, my emerald green eyes which can see through any lies. I've always been an honest child, never afraid to speak her mind and so I knew I would have a tough time at first impressions because I most likely tell people if I like or dislike them once I walk into a room. I guess you could say I can smell whether they are good or bad.

This time I wanted to make a good first impression in my new Highschool in Seoul as I had just moved from Yongin, Korea, and being home schooled there as of the lack of good schools.

Fixing up my uniform before I was about to head out, I put some pretty earings on for jewelry, I knew I'd be looked at weird for transfering halfway through the first year but I didnt care, If I was going to be looked at weirdly I'd rather it be for wearing jewelry at school when they have strict rules on them.

I finished tying my bow on my shirt as I walked out of the house without breakfast, I normally didn't have any breakfast anyway.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a few boys sitting crouched in a circle just outside the school, as if they were plotting something. One of the boys was standing smoking a cigarette. He looked serious as he stared into the clouds with his almost grey eyes and moved a hand over his blonde hair, the other boys looked as if they were gambling and smoking. I knew if I got involved it would ruin my first impression before I could even step foot inside the school, so I paid them no mind... I didn't want another incident to happen like in the past. "I will commit to being a normal girl from today" I whispered to myself as the guy with grey eyes stared daggers at me, I looked back unintentionally as he smirked, It was difficult to take my eyes off him after he had embarrassed me like that, with an angry 'Hmph' I walked into the school gates.

Only to be greeted by one of the teachers "Who are you? Haven't ever seen you" He spoke out in a stern voice "I'm new here, Hana Kwon, Nice to meet you" Instead of greeting me back he just looked at me judgementally, staring at my earings. I started thinking 'Shit, I didn't think I'd be stopped this early because of my earings' I spoke out nervous "Um, is something the matter?" He shook his head, "Earings and other forms of jewelry are not permitted on school grounds, take them off!" In a furious tone he almost tried to grab my earings to pull them off but a hand brushed in front of him before he could "Now then, I don't think a teacher should go touching a student, rumours might begin" He spoke with his deep calming voice as another more high pitched and giggly voice spoke from behind me "Ohh! Mr Kim is a pedophile, what will the other staff think~" He sang teasingly.

The man in front of me was the one with Blonde hair from before, the one behind was one of the other boys who had a hood on but a skateboard carried to his side. The rest of those boys began to huddle around us as the teacher now known as 'Mr Kim' started shaking in his boots "T-That, Mr K-Kris is against school rules!" The teacher tried to maintain his ground as he pointed to my earings still in utter fright, not looking the student known as Kris in the eyes.

Another boy with glasses began moving toward the teacher, he had black hair and blue eyes, holding a dirty magazine in his hands as he began yawning "Let her be already before your reputation as a pervert is heard by the entire school" He holds out his phone showing that he had taken pictures of the teacher trying to 'Touch me'.

The teacher then tried running away out of cowardice as I began to chuckle to myself a little, appaluding the boys "Thanks for that, you guys really helped me out there" I smiled as I held out my hand to shake Kris's hand "Kris right? Great thinking there!" TAK!

He slapped my hand away as he walked back over to his friends and they started walking off, Under his breath he muttered something "Ugly women who only care about looks are pitiful, what a waste to place beautiful earings on such an ugly human" I stood there shocked for a moment not knowing what just happened as the boy with the hood tapped me on the shouler "Sorry about Kris, He can be very blunt at times, I'm Taeil, Nice to meet you Hana. We heard your name from that corner. I hope we can be friends." With that I felt slightly relieved, I guess some of them aren't as bad as the others. But boy that Kris gets my blood pumping just thinking about it now. I smiled as best I could to Taeil and he smiled back with his ruby lips and glistening white teeth, taking off his hood to show his ginger hair and brown eyes. He was pretty sweet, the only nice person I had met since I came here so far, maybe just maybe I can forgive Kris for Taeil.

I pondered that for a second...

Nope, seconds over. I dashed over to Kris and punched him in the cheek sending him to the floor.

As he layed there in shock holding his cheek I took off my earings and threw them on him "I don't need these 'beautiful' things to know I'm beautiful, like I don't need your opinion either!" I shouted at him and walked off into the school.