"What did you do?"

"Well lets just say she was my period after lunch you know when niggas are too slumped to hold their head up, I zombied that whole period." Vince and I burst into laughter. I can pretty much picture Vince with is mouth wide open jumping up when he gets called on.

The rest of the registration goes smoothly and I avoid seeing Unna who I still want to slap in the face after the party incident. After getting my locker which is no longer by the boys locker room and by the girls Vince and I head down the halls to the front gate.

"Man I'm going to miss walking these halls or really standing in the middle of them talking." Vince sighs and stops in the middle of the hall. He takes a breath as he looks around at the lockers and classrooms. Gosh he's so stupid. Just as Vince is about to pull out his phone and capture this moment of reminiscence one of the junior football players rushes up to him. Given that we're in the same grade I should know his name, but I don't and stand off to the side.

"Nice to see you man," Vince says. The two shake hands and I narrow my eyes at Vince. He plasters a smile on his face and listens as the guy tells him every compliment he wants to hear. I head out the front gate and look down at my phone.

"Ayy it's you," someone's voice booms. I turn to my side to see a tall guy in a Marina high school football sweatshirt that's underneath his gold chains. I don't know if this guy has the wrong girl in a t shirt with jeans or he's just being nice because I've never seen him before. Still he proceeds to walk over to me with a big smile.

"Hi," I mumble. I scan his face and the guy's tan complexion and small silver studs start to look familiar. It only takes me one more glance to realize he's the guy who was with Chase at Navia's party. Otherwise known as the player who is always there.

"You don't know me, but I've seen you around I'm JJ," he says and extends his hand. I slide my phone in my pocket and with a bunch of hesitation shake his hand.

"I'm Daya," I say almost like I'm trying not to be heard.

JJ nods. "I know I remember you, and that little skirt." JJ leans against the pole he's next to and licks his lips.  I turn around to see if Vince has mastered the skill of perfect timing, but he's not behind me and JJ inches closer to me. The way his blue eyes are scanning me reminds me of 8th grade and that guy in the bathroom.

"I have to go," I say and move away from the wall to walk towards Vince's car. I don't know why I'm getting all tremulous again we're out in the open in front of the school where people are occasionally walking by.  I'm being rude aren't I? I ask myself as I get closer to Vince's car. Of course Vince obviously has his keys making me lean against a palm tree. I text Vince to hurry the fuck up and let out a sigh.

"I thought you had to go," JJ says and he's right behind me.

"I'm waiting for someone," I say more towards my feet.

"Well hopefully I'll see ya around this year," he says. I nod, and my whole body tenses up when I feel JJ's hand right on my ass. When I move from his grasp his hand is gone, and I turn around to look at him. He has a big disgusting smirk on his face, and I want to slap it right off.

"Don't fucking touch me," I say. These words were supposed to make him immediately run away, but he still stands in front of me.

"What you have a nice ass I couldn't resist," he says. His words although they're the same as Ziyah's don't make me smile, and just make me want to take a thousand showers. After a few minutes Vince comes out of the school beaming from cheek to cheek. "Sorry Mr. Kennan wanted me to answer some of the freshmen team's questions, what's with your face? you look like your ID picture."