Door Thirty-Six: An Understanding

WITH A FLICK of her wrist, Indira guided the eyeliner pen across the curve of her eyelid, to them finally stretching it out into a sharp wing adding a quick pump of the black mascara to coat her naturally full lashes. She bit into her lip as she stepped back and glanced at herself in the mirror, the anxiousness of the next few hours driving her worry. It was almost ironic, seeing that Indira herself had planned the upcoming event, but as the day fastly approached, she was beginning to dread it. But it was time for her to put on her big girl pants.

Indira began to untie the silk scarf from around the roots of her braids since she had finished up her makeup. She then let them hand over face in a sweet middle part, staring at herself again. She had worked up a sweat over thinking this entire situation when in reality it could possibly turn out the complete opposite. She closed her eyes as she cracked her knuckles, thinking how Harry would try to stop the tick before it happened.

"Hey, can I use the bathroom before we go?" Natasha asked as she appeared at the foot of the bathroom door, clad in a red tight fitting corset-like crop top paired with black high waisted shorts that met the shirt at a perfect line. Her eye makeup was soft, brown eyeshadow tinting the outer corner with the addition of perfectly outlined wing to flare the look; Her lips untouched of any stain, with only but the sheen of lip balm.

"'Course. I'm almost done anyway." Indira grabbed the highlighter on top of the sink counter before applying the shimmer on her cheeks, scooting forward to allow her roommate to pee. Their was hardly any boundaries between them, but Indira could care less. It's not like they didn't have the same parts.

"So where are we going to go?" Natasha inquired though the stream.

"Somewhere nice, I assume. He told me the name yesterday, but I forgot," she called as she exited the bathroom to put her things away in her bedroom.

Since both Indira and Natasha were scheduled to work during the morning, they were lucky enough to have the rest of the evening off. And because of the lucky scheduling, Indira decided to make dinner plans with Harry and Natasha so that way they can clear the air as need be. Indira wanted her best friend to see who Harry really was as a person and not just some celebrity who has been splashed consistently over tabloids. All she wanted them to do was to play nice, but there was only so much she could do, before it turned into force, and Indira wanted to stay as far away from that as possible.

Her phone call with Harry a few nights after their first official date was when she decided to set it up. Even after their heated moment was abruptly stopped, Harry neither mentioned it nor asked to hear her reasoning. It was almost as if he simply respected her wish to not engage any further in their actions. That was one trait Harry contradicted from her earlier ex-boyfriends.

"I mean, I just really want to make things right. I hate tension, I really do, and I just don't want to live in it if its going to stay that way, especially if she doesn't like you. I think if we met up and had some lunch or something together, she could really see you for who you are."

"And who am I?" He teased her.

"Harry," she groaned as she rolled over on her stomach, her pillow smushing up against her face.

"I'm only teasing, darling," he soothed, already seeing how frustrated she's getting. "Her not liking me is not going to make an effect on my life, I promise."

"I guess you're right," she muffled after a few seconds of thought. "Then if she still doesn't come around, I want to at least clear things up between us, and I know it sounds stupid, but I want you to be there. I don't know why...but you calm me down in ways I wish I could understand."