Chapter 18

Are you listening to that Hamilton song? 😏

What? No, Jared I'm not. And I'm not helpless, what are you getting at? Besides, I'm at Michael's house. He's gonna think I'm rude if I listen to music, and I don't want him to think that about me.

So, you admit that you do listen to Hamilton?

Ugh, this is not the time for you to tease me about my taste in music, Jared!

Says the boy who listens to Linkin Park and Green Day...

I'll have you know, they are great bands. Anyway, I have to go, Michael's looking at me.

Good luck with your boyfriend~!

Connor blushed at the statement, glaring at the phone's screen.

He's not my- why do I even try with you? Goodbye, Jared.

He turned off his phone, still glaring at it. Michael raised his brow, the game long turned off. "Everything good over there Connie?" Connor felt his face heat up.

"Yeah, just peachy, if I didn't have a certain someone teasing me about- uh, nothing important you should know." His blush has darkened at his almost slip-up, remembering that the very thing he was being teased about was in fact asking the question.

"Oh wow," Michael stated, smiling. "What was it exactly?" Connor's blush darkened even more. "If it's nothing important?"

"Just the fact I like Broadway musicals," he half-lied. "Really, it's nothing important." Michael let out a small laugh.

"Well, I'm being teased too," he admitted. "It's about who I li-uh, I mean, just random sh*t. Nothing important, like your one." Connor glanced at him. "Are you hungry by any means?" He asked suddenly.

"Not really, but I could eat."

"Okay, we could ask my mom, to make food for us upstairs?" He had stood up. Connor stood up and followed him up from the basement. Michael's moms were seated on the couch, chatting about something and Connor could hear them speaking.

"You aren't here for most of the day," Mrs Mell was telling her wife. "But, our son talks so much about him! You don't think?"

"Hun, I love you," the other woman replied. "But do you really think he would like us talking about this behind his back? Shouldn't we wait until he tells us himself?"

"Probably, but just imagine," Mrs Mell seemed to plead, causing the other woman to roll her eyes but she remained smiling.

"You were always like this... yes, I do hear about his ramblings. And yes, I do see what you do too. I think I can tell when our son has a crush, thank you very much. Oh and look who it is!" Mrs Mell turned and noticed Connor, causing her to flush with embarrassment. "You were talking kinda loud, love," Michael's other mom replied, sending a soft, yet scolding look at her wife.

Connor did an awkward wave, feeling guilty for eavesdropping. "Um, we were coming up to ask if you could make us some dinner?" Mrs Mell and Michael's Other Mom, Connor decided to call her, to differentiate, blinked.

Other Mom nearly jumped out of her skin when Mrs Mell leapt off the couch and went to the kitchen. "Sorry, Mr. ...."

"Connor. Connor Murphy."

"No need to be so formal, dear. Sorry, about my wife, she's just like that sometimes," Other Mom sighed, looking at him. "Are you Michael's friend? The one she was muttering about?"

"Um, I think so? Did she tell you what I looked like when you came home?"

"She mentioned you, yes, and then she went off onto other tangents." Other Mom laughed softly. "So, you came over to his house?"

"Um, yeah.... he was teaching me some video games."

"Oh really? Was that fun?"

"I guess... yeah." Other Mom looked behind him.

"You're being called to the kitchen," she commented. Connor turned and saw Mrs Mell waving him towards the kitchen.

"Well, I guess I should be going then!" Other Mom smiled at him and then started reading a book. Connor walked into the kitchen, where Mrs Mell had made them dinner. Michael was blushing, and was glaring at his mother like he'd just been interrogated.

"Here you go," Mrs Mell said, handing Connor a plate. He stared at the food in front of him. Michael had sat next to him and it was causing Connor to blush, which made Mrs Mell's eyes light up. He started eating to stop himself from looking at Mrs Mell's grin or maybe even smirk.