Chapter 14

Alana was walking past. She had stopped and greeted the boys. Connor was smirking at Jared whose expression was priceless. Connor watched the scene with crossed arms. Michael glanced at Connor then at Alana. "Jared has been crushing on her for a while now," Connor whispered, explaining without meeting Michael's gorgeous brown eyes. "You would've never guessed, Jared, a usual flirt, would have a hard time talking to a girl he liked, huh? Or well, boy, as well I guess. He's hopeless."

"I guess I can say the same for Rich," Michael whispered back. "I don't know him that well, but his usual flirty attitude completely disappears around Jake. I can't say that he does like him in that way, but it's just something I've noticed." Connor chuckled, stealing a glance at Michael.

"Any progress on getting Jeremy to ask Christine out?" Connor asked his crush casually, wondering how Michael's friend was doing in his own love escapades.

"Nope," Michael laughed. "Though his crush on her doesn't hurt me anymore." Connor blinked.

"Wait, his crush on her hurt you? In what way?" Michael shrugged as if he didn't care.

"Jealousy. I had a crush on him in junior year," he answered flippantly. Connor blinked feeling a strange jolt of jealousy. "I don't anymore."

"Oh well. I had an old friend when I was younger, nothing really happened between us, per se, my parents or sister don't know about him." Michael looked at him.

"Do you two still talk?" Connor shook his head.

"We lost touch," he answered plainly. "Let's leave it at that." Connor looked at Michael. "But enough about us, back to our friends." Michael had blushed at the 'us' in the statement.

"Jeremy was my only friend and now I met you guys," Michael said. "Say, how did you three meet?" Connor glanced at him.

"Evan and Jared were sort of friends before I came into the picture. Then I came. Evan recognized that I didn't have friends and tried to befriend me even if he has social anxiety." Michael nodded along.

"I see he managed to do so," Michael commented and Connor smiled.

"Yeah he did, then it came out that he liked my sister, in some way, I don't remember how," he chuckled. Michael smiled.

"Hey A-Alana," Jared stammered bringing the boys' attention back. Connor had been caught up in the conversation with Michael and had completely forgotten about the whole Jared thing.

"Hey... Jar..." Connor could've sworn he saw Alana blush. She shook herself and walked over to Michael. "Hello, you must be Michael, I'm Alana Beck," Alana said holding out her hand. Michael hesitantly shook her hand. "Oh so you are the Michael the rumours are talking about," Alana mused shooting Connor a glance, causing his face to heat up.

Don't you dare, he mouthed. Alana rolled her eyes.

"Rumours?" Michael asked. "I'm used to those I suppose. What rumours?" Alana merely smiled at him.

"I'm not a rumour-y person," Alana said. "Ask one of those new girls." Michael gulped.

"Jenna, Brooke or Chloe?" He whispered three names that Connor had never heard before. "What rumours could they possibly know?"

"Well, the one rumour is you two have secret admirers," by Alana's tone, Connor could tell that she knew who Michael's was. Of course she knew. Connor had put his shouted confession out of his mind. Alana knew. Evan knew. Everyone Connor knew, bar Michael, his crush himself, knew about Connor's crush. Thinking about it made Connor's face burn.

"Secret admirers? W-well that's nice I guess," Michael said. "I did get a Valentine from an anonymous person."

Connor's blush darkened with embarrassment. And he was pretty sure Alana saw it. "I also got a Valentine from anonymous person," Connor said through his teeth. This time Michael blushed. Alana was smart, she had figured out why the two boys were blushing but decided against speaking up about it.

"Well, I should get going! Bye Jared!" The last sentence was rushed and Alana walked off quickly, leaving both boys really flustered.

Once she left, Jared smirked at the two boys before walking in the opposite direction.