Chapter 16

"Is that weed smell? On your hoodie? Connor... I told you to stop doing that," Evan commented. He was referring to the emails they had sent each other. Connor looked at his friend.

"I am. I haven't done it for a while, it's just because I've been hanging out with Michael a lot these days. And how do you know what weed smells like anyway? Don't tell me you're destroying your life like I used to." Evan blinked.

"No! What do you take me for?" He replied, exasperated. But, then his expression changed. "Wait, you're hanging out with Michael?" Connor immediately felt himself blush and looked away.

"Nothing's happened if that's what you're wondering," he answered, sadly. "Still just friends." Evan placed his hand on his shoulder, sympathetically.

"Don't worry, Connor, I'm sure something will happen," he said. Connor merely sighed. "Hey! I may have something to tell you!" Connor looked back at Evan.

"I'm interested, spill," Connor said, laughing slightly. Evan got out his laptop and placed it on his lap. He changed the tab from showing his Instagram page to a writing website. On it, there appeared to be a fan fiction of some sort. "You write?" Evan blushed, clearly surprised.

"I-it's a hobby!" He stammered in reply. "A-anyway. Check." He pointed at the screen. Connor read through some of the lines.

"It's Jared and Alana...." Connor looked at Evan. "You sneaky vine...." he smiled. "It's good writing."

"At least you didn't call me Acorn," Evan muttered. "I don't know why the hell Jared decided to start calling me that." Connor raised a brow.

"Are you writing this to get back at him?" Evan shook his head.

"Nope, I just ship them and want them to get together. That's why I'm writing this." Connor nodded along.

"Because...?"

"Because, Jared is helpless." Evan and Connor's eyes met, and they both smiled.

"Ah." Connor nodded. He lay back on Evan's bed. "I draw fan art," he said flippantly. "And before you ask, yes, I have drawn me and Michael together." Evan smiled. "I'm such a wuss, I know," he laughed.

"No you're not," Evan said. "You're a person with a crush and don't know how to express it." Connor merely laughed. Suddenly his phone pinged, and he got it out.

Hey, Connie!

Mikey! Wassup?

Connor was smiling really widely, and Evan noticed it.

Nothing really, I'm hanging with Jeremy.

Cool. What are you guys doing?

Just playing some Apocalypse of The Damned.

Enjoy yourself then. I don't know f**k about video games, if I'm honest.

If you come over to my house maybe I can introduce you into the world of video games. I mean, if you want to that is.

I don't mind. I'm interested in learning what brings you joy.

What brings you joy, Connor? If you get into something I'm into, I want to get into something that brings you joy.

Connor blushed at the statement.

Well... there's this band called Linkin Park, or another band called Green Day, but they're rock-y bands? Is that a word?

Uh huh, well, I like Bob Marley so... there's that. I'll have to see if I like them.

You've mentioned him before.

Ah yeah, but I like him so,,,

Should I check him out then?

Okay!

Connor looked up from his phone to see Evan smiling at him softly. "What are you looking at?" Evan didn't answer and turned to his laptop, typing something.

———

Those are the bands I headcannon Connor listens to, don't @ me.