47

[EDITED]

Jungkook's eyes slightly widened but for just a brief second, the shock faded away as the careless expression returned to grace his features. Jungkook walked toward his closet to pull out his white T-shirt, ignoring the piercing gaze brushing on him.

"Stop glaring at me, Enyo."Jungkook rolled his eyes, a ball of discomfort rolling in the back of his throat as the short-haired girl wheezed a shaky breath. "Tell me you didn't hear anything." Jungkook continued, this time his voice vacated mellow, and he proceeded to put his T-shirt on. Jungkook flickered a curious gaze at Enyo who was this close to exploding in anger. 

"I did. I heard everything—" Jungkook cut her off with the click of his tongue. 

"You shouldn't eavesdrop, where are your manners?" The mob boss slanted his head sideways, waiting for a good response from his sister. 

"Well, I don't think so. I was eavesdropping. You guys were barking like rabid bitches, I just happened to be passing by and I'm not pleased seeing the way you are treating your girl."  Enyo coolly walked into the room, eyeing a conflicting expression striking out his face. 

"Don't be nosy." Jungkook tried to dismiss her with the wave of his hand, he didn't want to drown in a deep conversation with her. A wrong slip of tongue and Enyo would understand everything and she would keep bothering him until Jungkook had no option but to bleed out his emotions.

"Bro, I saw her crying. . ." Enyo enunciated quietly, her words wavering while staring at his brother who coolly sat on the bed. Jungkook rested his elbows on his knees, fingers knotting together as lips pulled in a thick line.

"That's all she can do, nothing new." Jungkook shrugged idly, showing how uncaring and brash he was. But in reality, his heart was throbbing in the utmost distress, as if a sharp knife pressing there, cutting his heart open and then the series of crude slashes kept going on. 

"Stop. For god's sake, just stop this." Enyo chided out in sheer frustration. 

"Stop what?"Jungkook gnawed his lower lip, penetrating his teeth so hard in the soft flesh that it could ooze blood any minute.

"Stop acting so heartless and insensitive, stop acting like you don't care, stop hurting yourself and Aine. Do you hear me?"She panted as her shaky fingers ran in her short hair. Enyo pink lips didn't stop trembling and finally, shiny tears freed and rolled down her cheeks, one by one.

Enyo wanted her brother back, the same Jungkook that she used to know in the past. Sometimes, she could take a slight glimpse of him, the kinder, the softer side of him but it occasionally occurred.

"Don't tell me you think Aine is like mom." Enyo shot a quizzical gaze at her brother. Jungkook shook his head, a deep crease appeared between his brows.

"She is nothing like our mom. Aine loves you and mom cheated on dad that's why he committed su— "Jungkook cut her words by raising his palm, begging her with the silent gesture not to continue furthermore.

That day when he lost his mother, he was bloodthirsty, and he just had an agenda to kill his father with his bare hands. When Jungkook reached their office building, he found Mr Jeon dead-body slumped on his swivel chair, a gun hanging in his cold hands and blood trickling to the side of his head. The unforgettable, haunting sight was still fresh in Jungkook's memories, it was like a curse.