chapter twenty-six

Start from the beginning

"What girl? Who?" Owen asked.

"Your guess is as good as ours, we were trying to figure out if anyone knew something we don't." Cole said.

"I mean I saw him texting someone on the bus, I just assumed it was Peyton." Case said, looking to me. "Sorry Rowdy."

"You don't think it's Peyton, do you?" Cole asked me.

"No, no way we just talked about this. Her and Z are just friends she wouldn't lie to me like that." I said.

"You tools coming to breakfast or what?" Cam and Dom showed up from the elevators behind the small group we'd formed.

"Somebody's gotta ask Danny and Marshall if they know anything." Cole said.

"And Moynihan." Turcs said.

"What's the big deal if he's got a girl? Jack can stop geeking over him and Peyton and Z would be happy." Spencer said, as everyone turned to look at him.

"Spencer, what do you know?" Beecher said.

"Nothing, honestly."

"That's for damn sure." Case said, earning a smack from Spencer.

"We gotta get in there." I said.

The rest of breakfast was a normal team meal of getting in trouble by coach and fighting with whoever was sitting close to us. After that we went out to the buses and loaded up for the game.

New Message to Hurricane

Jack
Good morning baby, I haven't heard from you yet so I'm assuming you're still asleep I'm heading to the rink now so I won't be able to talk til after the game. I love you, I'll call you after.

Hurricane
sorry bubba i just woke up, i love you. good luck, cant wait to hear all about it :)

"Rowdy." Alex whispered from the seat behind me, as Trevor was right beside me with his beats on. "You think Peyton might know something about Trevor's mystery girl?"

"It makes sense, she's his go to advice person and especially if he's tryna pull. You want a girls opinion on that type of stuff." Cole said.

"I'll ask her after the game. Any luck with Danny or Marshall?"

"They don't know either, Pat didn't even notice him being weird." Turcs said.

"Alright." I said, leaning back into my seat and putting my headphones on.

~

A quick after our unfortunate 5-4 loss in OT to Boston University, we got back on the bus and back to the hotel. The boys and I all showered and had decided we were going to chill in Danny's room.

"You guys ready?" I asked, tugging my USA hoodie over my head.

"I still gotta shower, I'll be over soon." Trevor said.

"Okay." Turcs said.

Cole grabbed a hat before following Alex and I onto the balcony that was connected to Danny, Marshall, Ryder, and Owen's room.

"Boys." Turcs greeted them as we walked in and I flopped in an arm chair with my legs over the side.

"Yo, what did Peyton say about Z? Does she know anything?" Cole asked.

"She didn't pick up her phone, she's probably at Luke and the twins game." I said, flipping my phone in my hand. "I doubt she'd know anything and not tell me though. Especially since we fought about Trevor at her family brunch thing a last month, she would have given that as a reason." I said.