chapter sixteen

We'd been playing for about an hour and we were tied 3-3

We'd been playing for about an hour and we were tied 3-3. Trevor was dominating the ice with two goals and an assist for our team. Meanwhile, Alex really pulled through for Jack's team with a little help from Pat and Vlasic. Jack had two assists but couldn't seem to find the back of the net.

"Lines!" I yelled from the bench and Marley skated over immediately, as she was really getting embarrassed.

"I hate you for this. I look like a tool in front of my boyfriend and his entire hockey team." She said, plopping on the bench as I swung my leg over the boards with Trevor.

"You love me." I grinned, skating off.

"Luke!" Trevor yelled, tapping the ice to signal a pass.

Trevor took the bass and tried for a break but Jack poked it away and was skating toward Spencer. He passed off to Brady who took it around the back and passed to Liam. Liam deked Case with ease and skated up to Spencer, tapping one in on his left side while skating to his right.

"Ayyy!" The boys rejoiced and hugged it out.

"One handed tuck." Liam said to me as he passed. "You can thank your boy for that."

Back to center ice we faced off again and Trevor and Jack got a little aggressive with each other this time, and boy was it was hot. Jack ended up winning the face off and I know I should have been pissed but again, hot. He passed to Pat who took a slap shot that Spencer ate.

"Lines." I said and Trevor, Luke, Quinny, Case and I skated off to let Marley, Matt, Danny, Ryder and John hop on.

Jack decided to mimic my actions as Marshall, Vlasic, Owen, Cole, and Dom went to face off in our defensive zone. Danny and Cole took the face off and Danny came out on top, sending the puck down the ice to Cam's stick side. Cam tried to pass to Owen but Marley intercepted and screamed as she noticed Cole and Dom coming at her. She skated around the back of the net and took a wrister from about three feet from Cam. Much to everyone's surprise, especially Cam, it went in.

"Holy shit!" I yelled, jumping the boards and skating over to her.

"Woah woah woah, too many players on the ice." Jack said.

"Bite me Hughes, my best friend just scored her first goal." I smiled, tackling her.

"I don't know what's worse, the fact that I got scored on by a girl or the fact that it was Marley." Cam said.

"Marley." Everyone said in unison.

"Wow thanks guys." Marley smiled.

We decided to trade lines again and Jack and I faced off, he beat me out with ease and smiled in my face while doing so. He skated off to try and catch up to Alex who passed to him and Jack hit a beautiful one timer from the left side.

"Let's go baby!!" He rejoiced, fist bumping Liam.

We went back to center ice and Jack and I stared into each others eyes as we hovered over the puck.