chapter eleven

I was pulling books out of my locker when Trevor walked up

I was pulling books out of my locker when Trevor walked up. "Good morning," He smiled.

"Hi." I grinned. "I was actually gonna come look for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you."

"What's up?" He asked, leaning on the closed locker.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking since the party and I think you and I are better off as friends." I said and he looked at the ground. "I really like hanging out with you and you're awesome but I think we're just better off being friends. I'm really sorry."

"No don't be, I kinda saw it coming and I agree. I have fun with you and you're obviously beautiful but I think we should just stay friends."

"Okay, so we're good?" I asked and he giggled.

"Yes, we're good. Just one question."

"Anything."

"Does this have anything to do with Jack?" He asked.

"How do you mean?" I asked.

"Well you guys were talking in the kitchen for a while Friday night and now you're not talking much at all. I mean from the start we all thought Hughesy was into you so I wouldn't be surprised if he was even though he claims not to be, and I won't be insulted if you're into him. I just wanna know." He asked.

"I honestly, don't know." I sighed, closing my locker.

"Well, if it means anything, Jack's a really good guy. I know he cares about you and he'd treat you well." Trevor said.

"Thanks Trev." I smiled. "Well, I have to run to class so I will see you at lunch."

"Sounds good, see ya Peyton."

"Bye." I said, turning around and spotting Alex.

"How'd that go?" He asked as he walked with me.

"Really good. He told me he agreed and even told me to go for Jack." I said.

"Really?" Alex turned his head to me. "Atta boy Zegras. But, yet another person who thinks you should be with Jack!" He said, shaking my arm.

"I know, I know. I have to see, I have class with him now." I said, walking up to the photography computer lab.

"Okay, good luck." Alex said, walking off.

I walked in and found my usual seat, waiting for Jack. When he walked in he spotted me and awkwardly smiled before walking to the back of the room and sitting down. "Seriously?" I whispered to myself as I grabbed my things and moved.

"Okay," I sat next to him. "I didn't know we were moving our seats."

"Peyton-"

"Let me talk." I smiled. "Okay, first I want to say I broke things off with Trevor." I said and he slightly smiled, trying to hide it. "Second, I pinky promised you when you told me it wouldn't change anything and I'm not letting it no matter how hard you try."