Insomniacs Gaara x reader

(E/C) eyes blinked tired and heavy. Staring at all her furniture, through the darkness. With no problem as her sight had become accustom to the dark.

Sighing she turned over to look at her fiance. Her gaze softening when she looked at his dark ringed eyes, closed while he snored quietly.

Most nights were like this now, after all that time where her lover would stay up and watch her while she slept exhausted but unable to sleep. It seemed their roles had switched.

(Y/N) wouldn't be able to fall asleep till very late, and end up waking up early. She didnt know why this happened, maybe it was because her mental health that was neither worst or better.

Most nights like this, she felt like crying but couldn't figure out why. Is this how he felt? Was most of his nights just staying up his mind racing and refusing to fall asleep?

....

No.

His nights were the opposite, he hated sleep because of the nightmares. He refused to sleep because of his inner demons. He hated feeling not in control of every moment.
But (Y/N)?

She couldn't sleep because her mind refused to rest even if she was exhausted. She always loved to sleep, take naps and be at peace with her mind. Sleeping was the one time she didn't have to think, her body just took over and let's her be.

Yawning heavily she closed her eyes and moved closer to cuddle him. Feeling his arms wrap around her while she positioned her ear against his chest. Hearing his calm heartbeat.

She may not have been able to sleep at the moment. But for now she could calm herself down while in his arms.

A/N: insomnia is a bitch

Edit: for some reason this won't stay.