{Part II} ~✦~ Chapter XXII

10 Months Ago. . .

↠✦↞

"Whoa!" Spinel awed as the large doors before her opened, revealing a large, pink room with a balcony waiting outside of it. The pink gem smiled excitedly and stepped in quickly, looking around at the beautiful bedroom in amazement as she twirled around; giggling. "This room is really for me?" Spinel asked, turning to the Diamonds.

White smiled and nodded. "Of course! We can't have you living in something simple, can we?" The Diamond kneeled down and patted Spinel's head gently, making her giggle.

Blue Diamond smiled at the scene and clasped her hands together. "Well, me, Yellow and White have to get things prepared for your welcoming gala! Do you think you could stay in here by yourself for a while, or would you prefer it if we asked a gem to come in here and keep you company?"

Spinel froze for a moment and her eyes widened. She looked down and stared at her shoes for a second, before shaking her head and finally looking back up at the three Diamonds, a 'cheerful smile' on her face. "I'll be fine! Don't worry!" The pink gem said, hopping over to the large bed in the corner of her room and jumping on it.

White smiled and clapped her hands. "Perfect! Now," She turned and began to head out the door with Yellow and Blue. "Make sure to call us if anything's troubling you, alright?"

Spinel nodded and waved at the three. "Okay!"

The three Diamonds smiled and looked at eachother, before turning and making their way down the hall.

And not so soon after, once they were out of sight, the door shut behind them; leaving Spinel alone. . . again. . .

Suddenly, Spinel really wished that (Y/n) was with her.

.

.

.

.

.

Oh! Wait! She has the ability to contact (Y/n) anytime she wants since they're gems are technically linked! Oh, silly her~

Spinel giggled out of glee and hopped off of her bed before walking in the center of her room. She then sat down — crisscrossing her legs, of course — and tapped her gem directly in its center about three times at a steady beat. After waiting for a moment, a hologram suddenly appeared before her, and Spinel grinned.

"(Y/N)!" She stopped when the said gem turned to her, eyes wide with shock and fear.

She was crying.

Spinel's eyes widened and she quickly stood back up, her once happy expression now filled with dread as she took in her friend's appearance. She seemed to be standing on a warp pad, from what Spinel could tell, and her hair was a complete mess and her cheeks were tear stained. She was hugging herself, meaning that she was obviously frightened, and she seemed to be watching out for something — someone as if they could show up any minute.

Spinel had only been gone for a few hours(?) and her best friend was already looking the same way she did when they were in the garden.