Chapter VII

A/n: Just wanna say thank you for those who commented on the last chapter! Your suggestions were really helpful and I couldn't thank you all enough!! ♡♡♡

Votes:
GIRL: 13
BOY: 14
No Gender: 2

Winning by ONE vote, it has been decided that the baby will be a boy! And, after a long while of deciding and thinking, I have decided that his name will be Lunar! Seeing as how quite a few of you like names beginning with an 'L' and the name 'Luna'. Again, thank you all for sharing your ideas with me, or else this decision would have been WAAAAAY harder.

Now, let's continue the story. . . shall we~?
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Once the mysterious gem had left, Amethyst quickly got to her feet and ran over to Steven, who seemed to be in some sort of troubled daze. He rubbed the area where his gem was as he stared down at his feet, worry and confusion as well as some sort of longing seemed to be in his eyes.

Amethyst frowned at her little brother's troubled expression and placed her hand on his shoulder, causing him to snap back into reality and look at her.

"You okay, Steven?" She asked, clearly concerned.

Steven sighed and looked back down, clenching his fists at his sides.

"I. . . don't know. . ." He sighed again and shook his head.

Amethyst's frown seemed to deepen as she wrapped her arm around Steven's shoulders, wanting to comfort him.

"Any idea what the heck this is all about?" Amethyst asked, sending a few questioning (and suspicious) glances over to Spinel; who was doing cartwheels in the field below them.

Steven groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose; feeling tired and frustrated all at the same time. Amethyst unwrapped her arm around him and placed her hands on her hips as she narrowed her eyes up at the sky. Whoever that mysterious gem was, she was troubling her little brother in some way.

. . . Amethyst didn't like that. At all. No one messes with her family.

Amethyst soon turned her attention back to Steven, who was beginning to speak.

"I don't think that she's the one that attacked us. . . but I also think that she might have been aware of what was going on. Or maybe she knows the reason as to why. . . why. . ." Steven sighed and turned his gaze towards the darkening sky.

"Why what?" Amethyst asked, starting to grow nervous because of how. . . off Steven seemed to be acting.

Steven blinked and shook his head as he looked back to the purple gem before him.

"Why whoever that gem was was attacking us - was attacking me." Steven narrowed his eyes and looked over to the injector. "Maybe she even knows whatever that thing is!"

Amethyst narrowed her eyes in confusion and followed Steven's gaze, only for her eyes to go wide and a gasp to escape her lips. "What the. . .?!" She breathed out, taking a step back out of shock and slight horror at the giant machine that seemed to be slowly sucking the life out of the area that surrounded the Temple.

What is happening?!

*****

Steven panted as he ran up the mountain, towards the lighthouse and the giant machine that stood at the very top. Amethyst followed close behind him, cringing when she saw a flower close to her foot wilt along with the rest of the dying plants. The purple gem then shook her head and returned her gaze to the back of Steven's head, and her eyes immediately filled with worry. Spinel, however, didn't seem to notice the trouble the giant machine was causing. She merely smiled and skipped after Amethyst and Steven happily and obliviously.