Chapter XVII

"HAH!" Steven cried out as he opened his arms, creating a huge burst of energy and releasing it. The gem-hybrid smiled and looked down at his hands as he slowly levitated back to the floor. He then looked up to (Y/n), who was staring at him with an unreadable expression.

Steven frowned and took a step towards her, but she took a step back and looked away from him, clenching her fists.

Steven sighed and looked down at his hand, before smirking slightly and rolling it into a fist.

I can make a promise,

I can make a plan,

Steven lifted his hand up and used his thumb to wipe the blood from his nose away before kissing it; making pink sparkles appear and twinkle away.

I can make a difference,

I can take a stand,

Steven turned and stomped his foot against the floor, making a clank sound echo throughout the skies as (Y/n) turned to him with wide eyes filled with shock.

I can make an effort,

If I only understand~

Anger suddenly began to cloud (Y/n)'s judgement. Growling, the gem summoned a pair of gauntlets on her hands and pulled a fist back, ready to give the first blow.

That I. . .

I can make a change!

Almost as if he were expecting it, Steven summoned his shield just before (Y/n)'s gauntlet could get a hit on him.

(Y/n) growled again and got rid of her gauntlets before replacing them with a pair of throwing knives. The gem jumped back, away from Steven, and began to throw the knives at him, but he blocked every one of them.

(Y/n) was growing aggravated, and the cocky look Steven was giving her didn't really help at all.

Gather all my problems,

(Y/n) opened her wings and flew towards Steven at full-speed once more, but this time, he was ready.

After getting rid of his shield, Steven opened his arms wide and caught (Y/n) in his grasp. Gasping, she immediately began to struggle in his hold, but he wasn't letting go.

Gather all my pain,

(Y/n) let out a frustrated cry and opened her wings. It got Steven to let go of her, but only for a short second. Just when she was about to fly farther away from him, he took ahold of her arms and pulled her closer to him, earning another gasp from the gem, whose face was beginning to heat up.

Take control of what I'm feeling,

(Y/n), however, doesn't like submitting without a fight. Growling, she began to try pulling herself out of Steven's grasp, but all that did was make him hold onto her tighter.

Unknowing to the two, they had begun to twirl around in the center of the injector.

Patience to understand~