Chapter VI

"You're. . . so small. . ." You muttered, poking the baby's stomach, earning a feat of giggles from them and causing you to smile. You picked the child up and slowly fell back until you were laying on your back against the soft grass, holding the child up in the air as they giggled and moved their hands around; trying to grab the clouds.

You hummed and set the child down on your chest, allowing them to lay there and play with your hair while you thought of what you would do when you encountered. . . Steven again. . .

You frowned and wrapped your arms around the child, confused thoughts running through your mind.

Why does his name make me feel so. . . weird. . .?

Suddenly, something caught your attention; a sound. You moved your head to the side and your eyes instantly widened at what you saw:

Only a few feet away from you, on a train track, sitting on top of a train (that's what you thought that it was called, at least), was Steven, Amethyst and. . . and Spinel.

You didn't realize you were crying until the child began to wipe away your tears. You chuckled and looked back at the small babe, smiling a little. "Well, she probably doesn't remember me. . ." You muttered, a hint of sadness in your tone as you slowly sat up, still holding the baby close to your chest.

You shook your head and sighed, standing up and opening your wings. "Doesn't matter," You then smiled deviously. "I'm sure Steven would love a little. . . reminder about the fate of his 'home' planet!" You said as you hugged the child close and crouched down. The baby made a few sputtering sounds and giggled as you kissed their head and said,

"It's show time~" And then, you flew off; following after the train.

*****

"Ugh! What happened?" Amethyst groaned as she looked around and ran a hand through her hair, obviously confused.

Steven broke out into a huge grin and ran up to his older-sister figure; happy to finally have her back. "Amethyst, it worked!" He cried out happily as he wrapped his arms around the purple gem and spun her around; the two of them laughing joyously.

Steven sighed in relief when he finally set Amethyst back down, tears brimming the corners of his eyes. Amethyst chuckled and rested her cheek against Steven's chest, letting him know that it was okay.

.

.

.

And then the moment was ruined when a certain pink gem wrapped her long arms around the two and pulled them into her own embrace. Spinel hummed happily and smiled. If (ꀍꏂꋪ ꀷꀤꍏꎭꂦꈤꀷ) Steven was happy, then she was happy.

Amethyst opened her eyes widely and looked over to see the familiar gem resting her head on Steven's shoulders. She gasped and jumped out of Steven's embrace before getting into a threatening stance; surprising both Spinel and Steven. . . mainly Spinel, though.

"W-What are you doing here?!" Amethyst glared at Spinel harshly and grinded her teeth together.

Spinel wrapped her arm around Steven's shoulders and tilted her head to the side as she rose a brow; obviously confused. Steven glanced over to her before looking back over to Amethyst nervously and lifting his hands up in a defensive way.

"S-So, let me explain!" He wasn't given the chance, however, since Amethyst had pulled her whip out and wrapped it around the teenage gem/human boy before pulling him away from Spinel's grasp; shouting: "GET AWAY FROM HIM," Amethyst pulled Steven behind her and held her arm in front of him protectively. "YOU MONSTER!!"