Chapter Thirty-Four | Fuck, We're Falling For It.

"I think I should go out there."

Bellamy's heavy gaze fell on Aurora instantly, his lips pulling into a thin line. "The foxholes?"

"Yeah." Aurora nodded slowly, frowning as she wrapped her arms around herself. "I've got the best aim. I could help."

"Not with that hand." Bellamy shook his head at the idea. "You can't pull the trigger or hold the gun right with one working hand."

"Then give me a handgun." Aurora countered, turning to meet Bellamy's eyes.

"Aurora..."

"I'm not going to hide behind these walls while everyone else is risking their lives to protect us." Aurora's voice rose an octave, her eyes wide and pleading. "I feel useless here, Bell. I need to help somehow."

Bellamy sighed, grabbing Aurora's good hand and pulling her close. He placed a soft kiss to the tip of her nose. "I know, but there's not much you can do with one hand. I'm sorry."

Aurora felt tears blur her eyes as she pulled away from his touch, frowning as she glanced down at her feet. "This was what I was talking about. I'm going to die out here because of this stupid hand."

"I'm not going to let that happen, Highlander." Bellamy's voice was soft as he moved closer. "You know that."

"We're at war, Bellamy." Aurora snapped, glaring at the boy. She wasn't mad at him, just mad at herself for being so useless. She couldn't shoot a gun, couldn't fight, and couldn't even help Finn, Raven, and Clarke with the ignition system under the dropship. She couldn't do anything. "And you can't babysit me twenty-four seven. You have to fight with them, not protect me."

"Aurora, if I had to choose between fighting with the camp or protecting you... I sure as hell would let this camp burn, no question." Bellamy's voice had risen in frustration which only seemed to fuel Aurora's stubborn side.

"Your not choosing me over all these people! They look up to you! They admire you! You. Are. Their. Leader. Period. There is no me over them. You can't put your needs over theirs."

They were yelling now.

"I can do whatever I want to do!" Bellamy's face was red, his blood pumping hot and fast. "It's MY choice! And I choose you!"

"Um, guys."

Aurora and Bellamy snapped their heads to the new voice, both of their faces angry and wild. Standing beside them was Jasper, his eyes wide and face showing just how uncomfortable coming over here had made him.

"What?!" Aurora and Bellamy snapped in unison.

Jasper swallowed hard. "Um, well... I couldn't help but uh, over hear and..."

"And what?" Bellamy growled, crossing his arms over his chest. "Other than the fact that your being a nosey prick?"

"Okay, wow." Jasper breathed, hurt flashed in his eyes. "I think I should just-"

"No." Aurora said, voice calm. "It's fine. What's up?" Jasper looked relieved to not be getting yelled at as he smiled weakly. It took Aurora a moment to notice the boy had a hand behind his back, obviously hiding something from their sight. Aurora rose an eyebrow in interest, cocking her head to the side. "What's behind your back?"

At this point, Bellamy was almost as intrigued as Aurora and ever so slowly the tension of their fight dissolved into the air.

Jasper's eyes lit up in excitement. "Like I was trying to say before..." Jasper snuck a glance at Bellamy. "I think I found something to help."