Chapter Twelve | She's Missing.

Aurora and Bellamy had spend another hour in the woods, the pair gathering an arm full of logs each. The second they got back to camp, everyone lit up. Kids ran over and took the wood from them, already knowing the entire plan. It seemed that Raven, Finn, and Clarke had beat them back. Aurora sighed as she rubbed her hands together. If this worked... She would have a chance at seeing Dexter again and there was nothing else in the world that she wanted more.

Bellamy's hand slipped into hers, squeezing gently as he stared at her. "It's gonna work."

Aurora met his eyes. "I hope so."

Bellamy gave a curt nod despite the fact that the Ark coming down meant a slow and painful death or imprisonment. Maybe he would be fine. Maybe not. It was hard to tell when the Chancellor wasn't really dead. Aurora and Bellamy stood, hand in hand as the kids began to put the wood into a pile, building the bonfire they needed. The sky was slowly getting darker, the sun falling away as night approached.

Aurora watched with bated breath as the flames suddenly grew, dancing over the dark. Her skin tingled. The fire from that night flashed before her mind. The flames were hot on her skin, and she tasted smoke in her mouth.

She was sucked into a memory before she could even blink.

She was laying on the floor of her living room, curled into herself. Pain was everywhere, James dark brown eyes staring down at her. She was crying, blood mixing with hot tears. She was whimpering, body shaking. Her blood covered the floor, seeping into the grey carpets.

"You stupid whore." James was saying, his voice enough to make her tears run faster and hotter. "I'm sick of dealing with you. They should've locked you up the second they found out about you. A bastard."

Aurora couldn't speak. The metallic taste of blood overpowered her taste buds, choking her. It fell from her mouth as she whimpered again. She wanted Dexter, so badly. She needed him. She didn't think James would stop this time.

James paced back and forth, Aurora eyes following his feet wearily. He was wearing his favorite steel toed black boots. Boots that he had just used to shatter her insides. It hurt to breathe, and Aurora felt her vision darkening at the edge. She was seconds away from passing out and she feared the darkness.

"I can't do this anymore." James spoke again. Something in his tone of voice set her on edge. He wasn't screaming. He was just talking, speaking aloud to himself. He sounded crazy. "I have to get rid of you, little star."

Aurora was shaking again, but this time in fear. What was James talking about?

Suddenly James was staring down at her again, slowly crouching. Aurora's eyes were wide as he rubbed her cheek, fear spiking her heart. She flinched away from his cold touch, James smacking her. Her cheek stung as her head spun. "I need you gone."

Aurora stared back at him as he then stood back up. She followed him with her eyes as he stood at the living room table. A candle flickered in the darkness. As James sat on the couch Aurora stared at the candle, the flame reflecting in her eyes. "I'm sorry, baby. I truly am."

Aurora screamed as her father pushed the candle off the table.

Seconds turned to minutes, minutes to hours as the flames danced on the rug.

Aurora gasped, Bellamy standing in front of her. His hands were resting on her shoulders, eyes filled with concern. The rockets were preparing to blast off behind him, orange glares lighting up the camp. "What happened?"