Chapter Eighteen | Your Father Is Asking For You

Bellamy and Aurora still hadn't talked since he found out about Finn. It was weird, being back to the stages in their friendship where they barely glanced at each other. They were back in the second level of the dropship with their friend the Grounder. He was silent the whole time and Aurora just wished Bellamy would leave so she could talk to him. She wanted to know more about the prophecy in his book. She wanted to know more about the Puukura and why she was the girl on the page.

Aurora was sitting on a box, feet away from the Grounder, Bellamy standing against a wall. He was holding his blade in his hands, twirling the sharp object between his fingers as he watched. Bellamy hadn't even glanced at her once or attempted to speak. Aurora had though, mumbling a few words here and there but Bellamy only nodded silently or grunted in response.

Bellamy didn't look up until the hatch was opening and Miller was coming in. "Did you talk to the Ark?" Bellamy blinked at Miller in silence the boy frowning before he continued. "I told Digg's mom the news, John's dad. I'm suppose to talk to Roma's parents later."

"Thanks for doing that, I owe you." Bellamy's voice was gruff as he spoke, still strained from whatever emotion Aurora's presence had caused.

Miller then turned his eyes to the Grounder, sneering. "Telling all these parents that their kids were murdered by Grounders... I just wish I could say we were getting some justice."

Aurora narrowed her eyes at the boy as he moved towards the Grounder. "Miller, back off."

"Were not killing him." Bellamy agreed, sparing Aurora the smallest of looks.

Miller rolled his eyes but remained in front of the Grounder. "You were a lot scarier when you had that face paint on." The Grounder didn't speak or move, just kept his eyes on Miller. Miller then smeared something black across the Grounder's face, Aurora jumping to her feet as the Grounder narrowed his eyes in anger. Before Aurora or Bellamy could get there the Grounder whipped his head forward, smacking Miller's easily. Miller fell backwards, groaning as he clutched at his forehead.

"You idiot." Aurora snapped, not being able to hide her smirk as she glanced at the Grounder again.

She bent down to help Miller, the boy swatting her hands away and pulling himself up with a scowl. He sent the Grounder a dirty look, a red bruise already on his face. Aurora giggled at this, Miller brushing himself off as he sent her a nasty look. "It's not funny."

"It is though." Aurora protested, smiling. "You just got your ass handed to you by a man with his hands and feet tied up. It's sad really."

Miller narrowed his gaze farther, turning to the hatch. He paused as he reached it, turning back to Aurora. "Your father is asking for you. He said it's about Dexter."

Aurora's muscles tensed, smile gone as fear flew through her. She blinked at Miller, watching the boy leave with a blank stare. Was Dexter okay? She had told Clarke to find her when Dexter was around, wanting to speak to her big brother but... Clarke hadn't found him and now James wanted to speak with her? Had something happened to her brother?

"He's not my father!" She called just as Miller slammed the hatch shut.

Bellamy's gaze was heavy on her now. But this time she was the one avoiding looking at him. Aurora shakily sat down on the box again, swallowing as she closed her eyes. The one thing she didn't want was to talk to James, but what is something really had happened to Dexter? She needed to find out.

But she couldn't seem to move. Her leg bounced nervously as she sat there, muscles taunt. She wasn't even sure if she could physically get there, even if she did decide to talk to the man who had ruined her.