Chapter 34

"What? She is here? How can you know?" Julius asked.

"You saw her? Did she recognised you? Did you talk to her?" Asked Valeria.

"Yes, I did saw her, she came to me when I was talking with Strategos. She came to me, but did not even look at me, she had no idea who I am. But she knows Strategos, and he knows her," I said.

"What is she doing here? How can she know him?" Julius asked.

"It must do something with your cousin, Antistia, there is no other explanation." Valeria said.

"It must be it, we have to find him, and find out the truth," I said. "We will split up and try to find him, but act normal. Do you know how he looks, Julius?"

"Yes, Valeria told me," he said.

"Alright, let's split up," I said.

We split up and each of us went different directions. There was so many people, all of them having glasses filled with various liquids in hands. They were talking to each other, so they stood on one place as statues.

As they were standing as statues getting though them was very difficult. I was looking around me, but I could see Victor Maximus, nor Lania. I was angry because I couldn't find them but then Julius came to me and said "Valeria found him, come." I followed Julius back and really Victor was there, with my cousin. When I came to them, I said "Enough of the partying, I saw a girl who left us two years ago because she was terrible hurt. When we wanted to visit her in a House of Healing, they told us she Vigium took her for some reason. Now she is here. What is this?! One of you better start talking now!"

"Tiber, get  the girl and meet us in the library," Victor said.

"Yes, Master"

"You are right, Antistia. It is time for you to get answers. Come then, I will tell you everything," he said and geatured us to follow him.

We went. He led us out from the great hall, to a library. Victor came to one of bookshelf and touched one of the books. As he touched it, the shelf moved and revealed a secret door behind. Victor too on guards in the library and said, "let enter only Tiber of the Secretum Vigilum, no-one else." He told us to follow him, so we did. Behind the secret door, there was a corridor, leading into a big room, which was lighted by torches, not electric lights. In the middle of the room there wqs a table on which has a sign which we found both Victor and my uncle having, on the table there was a a small chest. Victor took a key from his coat and opened a small chest. In the chest there was a book, Libre Illuminatis. Victor opened the book and read. He was reading in the Imperia, his words were "Truth is a knowledge, knowledge is a power, power is a faith, faith is a light in darkness, amen." As he read the lines, he told us to sit. As we sat, he began. "This is a holy book. Holy book for our ordo (order), Ordo Illuminatis. We are descends of a greatest people who this world has ever known. Our goal is to secure this world from evil, this evil represents the Imperium. Your uncle, Antistia, is a member of the order, I am current Grand Master, I have ascended to this title after previous Grand Master, Astrid Thon was murdered..."

"What? My mother was Grand Master of this secret organisation? Was this why she was killed?? Do you know if Strategos is really my father? Did he let my mother to be murdered?" I asked. I felt sick, it was too many informations at once to me. I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle it.

"Yes, your mother was a member and a Grand Master, of this order. She was the greatest Master of all times, during her leadership we have achieved great things and successes," he said.

"You didn't answer the question," said Valeria. "Was Strategos responsible for murder of Astrid Thon?!"

"Yes, he was. Astrid, had an affair with him. Even though, that Strategos had and still has a wife, he loved Astrid too. After some time, a bastard girl was born, and Strategos didn't know what to do. He wanted a child but his wife was infertile, yet now when he had a child his wife hated the fact that the girl was a bastard. Astrid swore to not tell anyone that the girls was child of Strategos, that would ruined him. Everything seemed okay but one day, when girl was not more that one year old. One of members of our order was captured and interrogated. During the interrogation he uncover that Astrid was member of the order. At his anger that Astrid was with him only to use him for informations, Strategos hired an assassin known as Taibhse, a Ghost to kill Astrid..."