8 | 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

THIRD PERSON POV

"What? What do you mean, Cambria?" He asked. "No time to explain." Yoongi spoke as he slammed his briefcase closed and rushed out of his chair. "Well, what're you all waiting for?! Let's go!" His voice boomed as the six others scrambled to their feet and out the door along with their leader.

Damn it! Why didn't he realize this sooner! How could he just slip under their radar like that? How did he even find them? So many questions ran through his head as he jumped into the car. He should of known something was off with that bastard the moment they met. But all that mattered now was getting there, getting to her.

"Drive faster!" Yoongi screamed with frustration as the car swerved in and out of traffic.

Hoseok drove as fast as he could, running red lights and all but nothing seemed to be going fast enough. After a painstaking few minutes they arrived at the mansion. Jumping out of the car, Yoongi grabbed his gun, making sure it was loaded before rushing into the house.

Running up the stairs, he heard a scream as his eyes widened. Rushing to their shared bedroom where Cambria was, he busted the door open as he saw a man wearing a ski mask standing there. Immediately shooting multiple bullets into his chest, he dropped his gun before making his way to his girlfriend.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He questioned as gently grabbed her chin, turning her face to the side to examine for wounds. "I'm... fine." She replied wide eyed as she looked down at the dead body as blood spilled all over their white pristine floors.

As much as she didn't like guns, she was glad Yoongi had shot him. The man had came out of the closet holding a knife and if Yoongi had arrived a few moments later... she might be kidnapped or even dead.

Just then, the other members had came in. Bending down, Hoseok pulled off the mask.

"Who the fuck is that?" He asked as everyone in the room took a look at his face. "Must be one of Kendrick's henchmen." Yoongi scowled. "What..? Kendrick?" Cambria asked. "Yeah, that asshole tracked us all the way back here and he's trying to get to you. Turns out he runs a rival gang and it looks like we're enemies now." He informed her.

Cambria blinked slowly as she took in the information. Kendrick, a drug lord? Just like Yoongi? What was her life coming to?

"He knows this address now, so you aren't safe here anymore. Pack some of your stuff, we'll be staying in a hotel and from now on you'll have an armed escort with you wherever you go." Yoongi explained. "Get that shit outta here." He spoke to the boys, referring to the dead body in the middle of his bedroom.

Walking into their shared closet, she began packing some of her things up. She couldn't even began to process what had just happened, it was all too much to take in. It was only just now occurring to her that this was the life she chose and now she had to deal with it. After she packed, one of the assistants helped her put her things into the car as her and Yoongi got in. The car ride was quiet, she simply stared out the window as her head filled with all kinds of thoughts.

Arriving at the hotel, the couple made their way up to the room. It was a nice penthouse suite that Yoongi had managed to get, he wanted it to be a good size because she'd be here for awhile until they cleared up the situation.

Immediately changing into her sleepwear, she laid down in the large plush king sized bed, being exhausted from the day. Yoongi went into the bathroom to take a quick shower as he got ready for bed as well. Once he was done, he joined her in the bed. There was a silence that filled the air as he stared at the ceiling before looking over at her figure.

"Doll face..." he called out. "Yes, Yoongi?" She replied. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I already told you, he didn't get to me-" she began. "No, I mean, are you okay? It must have been scary for you. I'm sorry I wasn't there." He confessed as he turned to his side as well and wrapped his arms around her waist. "It... was, but I'm okay. Don't blame yourself." She said. "At the shooting range, you said that you regretted being with me and after what happened today, I don't blame you." He added. "I didn't mean it, I was just mad." She confessed.

There was another silence between the two before she spoke again.

"What's gonna happen, Yoongi? They want me don't they?" She asked him. "Nothing will happen to you, baby." He told her. "You don't know that." She said. "Yes, I do. I'll protect you with my life, you'll have guards. Whatever it takes, they aren't getting to you." He reassured her.

As much as he said that, there was no way to guarantee something like that. It just took one slip up for something to happen.

"I want to learn to shoot again." Cambria announced. "What? Are you crazy? I saw what it did to you last time, there's no way I'd put you in that situation again." He replied. "I want to this time, I'm ready." She said. "Doll face, no... There's no need, like I said, I'll be there to protect you." He concluded.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, she gave up the topic, not wanting to argue.

"Okay." She said.

Leaning down, Yoongi pressed a kiss on her neck, to her jaw, then to her cheek before finally reaching her lips.

"I love you, doll."

Closing her eyes, she smiled lightly.

"I love you too."

And with that, they both drifted off to sleep.