Not Enough...

A screeching sound woke me up. I rubbed my arm and looked around and saw a homeless man sitting close to me. I sat up and made sure my bag was still close by my side. I looked at the man. He wiped his face and coughed in his arms.

I stood up and grabbed my bags. I made my way out of the subway and went to get some breakfast from a nearby restaurant.

" Good morning I'm Nicole, and I'll be serving you." I rubbed m arm and sighed.

" I want the breakfast meal.... ," Nicole nod. " And I want a large sprite please.," Nicole nod and put her notepad away.

" Your order should be finished in twenty minutes. Is there any thing else you would like?" I shook my head and sighed deeply. Nicole walked away.

I could a see many flash backs in my head from last night. The anger grew inside of me like a tornado. I shook my head.

" Good morning I'm Jenny and I'll be serving you." I glanced over and saw a person. I'm not sure if it was a girl or a boy but it looked very sexy. I rubbed my arm and Nicole walked back.

She gave me my breakfast I put the smash on the food by the time this he-she got its food I got my bill. My eyes grew wide. " $33.54 ," I looked up at Nicole and sighed.

" I don't have that kind of money.. And... I ordered the breakfast meal!"

" Ma'am you have to pay us and the breakfast meal goes up after a while. Its lunch time not breakfast," I stared at the woman and shook my head.

" Here... I can give you $16 I don't have the rest..." Nicole stared at me.

" You can't go... Were calling the cops...." I gasped and went searching through my bag. " Aye, here... I'll pay for her," I looked at the person.

She paid for me. I thanked her and watched her slowly. She grabbed her too go box and left. I rubbed my arm and followed after her. She walked toward a car. I paused my walking and watched her with a keen eye.

She got in the car and drove away. I waved gently and began walking to a bus stop. I went toward the park. I sat on a swing and hummed softly.

" Is that Lani? It is!! Hey Tai'" I looked up and saw my best friends Madison and Angel. Madison was a girl I knew ever since super days and Angel she came around when I was 3. I gasped. " Hey Mattie!" We hugged each other.

" So why you on this side of town? Yo' mama never likes you ova here..." Madison asked. I shook my head and looked out at the guys play basketball. " Man fuck her, she can die for alls I care, "

Madison gasped. " Tai' what happened?," I looked down trying not to remember my sister screaming and begging me not to leave her. I wiped a tear.

" My mom and I got into this huge argument... She beat me and told me to leave her house. So I left...," Madison sighed. " But tonight I feel like partying and getting away from this pain..." Madison nod .

" Okay boo, I hear they havin' this bomb ass party over there where my cousin used to stay." I looked at Madison. " You talking bout by Grendel?," I asked. Madison had this crazy look on her face as she nod her head.

I shivered. " Its better than doing nothing... But who gone take us?"

" OOO! I got connections like that I know this person who would drive us for $10!," Angel spoke out. Madison smiled wide. " You my bitch Angel," Angel smiled.

We made our way over to Madison's house and they both showered and dressed. I sighed. "Oh hell naw! Tai'.... Umm we waiting on you!" I looked at Madison and said,

" I don't have no close!," Madison pushed me into the bathroom and I showered for a good thirty minutes then, Madison pulled out this dress it was short and baby blue a pale blue. Then she gave me a push up bra and a pair of new under wear. She gave Angel a pair and I slid them up my legs.

" Girl these g-strings ain't no joke," I cooed making them a little more comfortable. Madison laughed and sat me down she brushed my hair up and swooped my edges then gave me a bun. I put on the hoop earrings and the silver necklace.

" Oh shit! Madison he outside! We gotta go!," Angel cooed. Quickly I slid on the 5 inch pumps. "... Tai' you gone be good in those?" Madison asked. I looked back at her.

" Mat, my mama is a stripper I was raised in these!" She laughed softly. We rushed out the door and went up to the nice charger we loaded it up and drove away...