Chapter 35 // Wisdom Teeth

Start from the beginning

"Can I give you road head?"

I nearly slammed on my brakes.

"What?" I repeated, feeling my lower region slightly twitch at the mere thought of that. I snapped out of my fantasy quickly. "No, no, no. You can't, Cass. Your mouth is bloody and sore and that will be gross and hurt you."

She crossed her arms over her chest, huffing in reply. "Please, Calum. You are hotter than the sun when the sun is in a tanning booth with no sunscreen on."

I chuckled at her. Seeing her so delirious was one of the most adorable things ever. "No, Cassie. I'm sorry. Maybe someday when you didn't just get oral surgery."

"Speaking of oral!" Cassidy chimed, laughing to herself at the little pun she had made. Then she gripped onto her face again, letting out a load groan. "Calum, please let me."

"No. You are practically high right now and have gauze in your mouth. It would be impossible and disgusting," I declared, then felt a little bad for snapping at her. But there was no way I could concentrate on driving when I had my just-out-of-surgery girlfriend bobbing for apples down there.

She wined loudly. "I bet Luke would let me," Cassidy stated, making me laugh at how she still had all of her stubborn attributes even when she was just put under. "I'm going to call Luke and ask."

"No you're not," I ordered. My hands gripped tightly onto the steering wheel as I made a sharp turn on the road, trying to multitask by taking care of her and by staying alert of every car behind me.

In the corner of my eye I saw Cassidy pull out her phone. I leaned over and snatched it away from her, ending the call to whatever number she had dialed. I doubt it was even Luke's number, because there is no way she could correctly skim through her contacts in this state.

It started to ring, meaning that the person she had called was probably calling us back. Cassidy shrieked when she heard the sudden noise, and soon enough she was crying.

"It's just your phone ringing, Cass," I explained, hanging up the phone again and setting it in one of the cup-holders. She was still crying, and I wasn't sure if it was because she was in pain or if she was just so not herself right now. "You're okay. It's okay."

"No, it's not okay! What are we going to do to save all of the chicken?"

Jesus Christ.

I was giggling again, and I could feel her glaring at me. "Um, I don't know, Cass. What are we going to do?"

"Do I look like a freaking superhero? Gosh, why are you such an idiot?" She spat, rolling her eyes at me.

This new fury was actually highly entertaining. I couldn't stop myself from cracking up, even as I turned down the street we lived on. I pulled into our driveway and twisted the keys to turn off the engine, making her eyes widen in fear.

"What happened to the machine? Where are we? Calum, what's going on?" Cassidy rambled off, her head bouncing from side to side to get a glimpse at all of our surroundings.

I unbuckled my seat belt, coming around the car to open her door and help her get inside. She really needed to go lay down. "You just got your wisdom teeth out. But it's okay. We're home, now."

"My wisdom teeth?" Cassidy repeated, her words appearing to be muffled again as she chewed on her gauze. I unbuckled her, nodding my head to confirm this. Tears began to form in her eyes again. "Aw, shit. I lost all of my wisdom! I'm going to have to go back to kindergarten!"

I laughed, pressing a kiss to her cheek as I scooped her into my arms. I figured it would be easier to just carry her as opposed to taking ten minutes to try and get her to move. "You won't have to do that, baby. You're still wise."

"No I'm not," Cassidy sobbed loudly, pressing her swollen face against my chest. "I'm high right now, Calum! I'm going to have to go back to school. I'm going to lose my career. I'm going to have to sit in those tiny desks again. All because I snorted some marijuana."

A large grin spread across my face, stretching from ear to ear. She was literally the cutest thing, even when she was crying hysterically and murmuring words that didn't make any sense. "You didn't snort any marijuana, baby. I don't even think that's possible."

She furred her eyebrows at me as we finally reached our bedroom. I sat her down on the fluffy mattress, pressing pillows behind her head to keep her from laying completely flat. "Oh yeah? What are you some kind of pot expert? Are you like Johnny Appleseed or something?"

"I'm going to get you a fresh ice pack. I'll be right back," I stated, ignoring her previous comment.

I slipped into the kitchen quickly. I grasped an ice pack out of the freezer and wrapped it in a paper towel. Although she could pull off the chipmunk look, I didn't want her to be in any pain. I wanted her to have a smooth recovery.

Cassidy reached out for the ice pack and pressed it onto her cheek instantly, her eyes closing with delight as the cold compress made contact with her face. "This feels wonderful."

I perched myself on the bed next to her, rubbing her thigh lightly to provide some sort of comfort. "Do you need anything else?"

"Come cuddle with me," Cassidy pleaded, patting the spot next to her.

"Of course," I obliged. I would never pass up the opportunity for a good cuddle, even if she was under the influence of some dentist drugs.

I hesitantly placed my arms around her, feeling her relax under my touch. She slipped one of her legs in between my own, one of my many weaknesses, and shifted her head slightly to view me while still keeping it propped up underneath a pillow. A bit of blood spilled out of her mouth when she did this, and I giggled, lifting my thumb up to the corner of her mouth to wipe it off.

Cassidy picked up my hand, inspecting the tiny part of blood that was now laying on it. She took out some of her gauze from her pocket and cleaned it off for me, then proceeded to kissing my fingers. It was as if this selfless act of always taking care of me and putting myself before her was permanently etched into her brain, even when her brain was all wacky.

I watched as she placed the ice pack against her cheeks again, holding it perfectly in place. Her green eyes that I thought were the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen conveyed a sense of fatigue. She was going to be in so much pain when this all wears off, and it was hurting me to even think about that.

My thumb stroked her arm back and forth, feeling her smooth skin. I leaned my head forward to plant a kiss on her forehead, and her numb lips still managed to curve into a smile.

"You're sweeter than candy," Cassidy mused, her words still slurring. "Thank you for taking care of me, Calum. Sorry you have to see me look like a fish."

I laughed again. Her eyes were beginning to droop and her adjectives were still a little off, but maybe she was slowly becoming less crazy.

"Aw, Cass. Even if you look like a fish I will still love you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note: DID YA HEAR THAT FOLKS

HE DROPPED THE L WORD

HE COULD HAVE SAID LASAGNA OR LOSER BUT NO HE DROPPED THE L WORD LIKE HE WAS DROPPIN THE BEST MIXTAPE OF ALL TIME

this chapter was so much fun to write and i havent gotten my wisdom teeth out yet but i always watch the videos of people afterwards so hopefully this is pretty accurate idk man i really dont care if its not tbh bc this was fun

reminder that i love you all have a fantastic day !

dedicated to v0dkahemmings_ for sayin that im literally the sweetest and that my authors note always makes her smile like yO U ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE UARE A CUTIE PIE I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH PLS KEEP SMILIN MY LIL SUGARPLUMS