Chapter 38 // VMAs

•Cassidy

A bright red dress clung tightly to my body, making my butt appear even larger than it actually is and making my skin seem like it was tanner than it actually was. The dress was a jersey knit material and had a high neck with a completely open back. My stylist had sent me this dress and I was too lazy to go look for a new one, but I couldn't believe that it actually looked really good on me.

The past week had flown by so quickly, mainly because I have spent pretty much every moment with Calum. When you're in love it makes time seem to go by so much faster, because there was never a dull moment when you have this voice in the back of your head reminding you that one of the most gorgeous boys actually loves you. It filled me with happiness just by the thought.

Tonight was the VMA's, and I was glad that I was finally able to go to an award show where I knew I actually had genuine friends there. Sure I knew plenty of people in the industry, but having the security of knowing that the boys would be there tonight and would always make me laugh diminished any of my nerves.

"Are you almost ready-" Calum called, then stopped himself as soon as he took a step into the dressing room. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly, until he replaced it with a bright smile. "Jesus, I'm so lucky."

I grinned back at him, eyeing up him in his white button up shirt. "Well don't you look handsome."

Calum came up closer to me, placing his hands on my hips, his brown eyes scanning over my entire outfit. "Well you literally are the most beautiful girl in the entire world, Cass."

I kissed his lips in a gracious manner. "Thank you, Cal. But come on, we have to get out there soon or else we'll like miss the red carpet entirely."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Calum joked, intertwining his fingers with mine as he led me to the main area of the trailer, where the rest of the band was sitting in.

Their eyes all snapped to me, as if they had never seen a girl in a dress before. Ashton's eyebrows were raised. "Well damn, Cassidy. You're going to make all of us look like crap compared to you."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I doubt it. You guys are going to make all the girls scream as soon as you step outside."

Michael slung his arm around my shoulder. "There's no reason for you to bring up our sex lives, baby," He teased, earning a laugh from everyone, even me.

One of the make-up artists dusted another quick layer of matte powder onto my face before I ducked outside. I had to make an entrance first, because if we all left at the same time it would cause too much of a stir. I wanted them to be able to do interviews on their own, since their band had nothing to do with me, even though I knew I was going to get lonely pretty soon.

I walked along the red carpet, stopping at the designated areas to pose. Lights were blinding me as the cameras began to flash, and my ears were being pierced by the loud commotion of the paparrazzi attempting to grab my attention.

I stopped for various reporters to talk to them, and basically explain what I would be presenting and discuss my upcoming sequel to the movie that had just premiered in the very beginning of summer. It was a grueling process, and I couldn't deny that I was growing incredibly bored and hungry.

"Cassie!" A voice yelled, pulling me away from my thoughts. I knew it was my costar Troy without even having to spin around. He approached me, pulling me into his arms tightly to give me one of his famous brotherly-like hugs. "You look stunning tonight, Cass. Calum is a lucky guy."

No, I'm the lucky one.

"Thank you, Troy. I've missed you so much. I can't wait for us to start filming again soon," I gushed, and his face lit up with joy just at the mention of us working together again, which would just consist of us goofing around all day on set.