Chapter 22: Dreams or Nightmares?

I sit against the wall in the hallway, the smell of death becoming more bearable with every breath I take in.

The memories of who I used to be are still gone.

"To think, the only memories I have is with that fucking liar." I say out loud. My head hurts from crying so much. "Why am I even crying? I don't even remember them..." We're they killed before or after I fell into a coma? I don't believe they would try to kill me... So, why?

I turn my head to my supposed siblings room and look out the window. All I can see it white. A snowstorm it must be.

I get up and enter the only clean bedroom. I go through the boxes and find some blankets and pillows.

I wrap the blankets around me and take in the scent they hold. Dust. I can't even breath in the scent that I used to know so well. How could I let this happen? How did this happen? Four years of my life gone.

I look down to the mattress that's on the floor. It's clean, surprisingly. Almost like someone has been coming here ever since I went missing to clean up my room. I face plant onto the mattress on the floor. Smells like the pine and dog.

I spend the rest of the night crying myself to sleep...

---

Morning hits me and it hits H A R D. I lay there for hours it seems like with my eyes still closed.

Until a groan let out. Followed by more moans and groans filled with pain and agony.

A women lays there on the ground tied up. Bruises, cuts, and other injuries cover her body.

A man sits in the ground with rope wrapped around his body. The rope is coming from the wall. Bullet holes cover the wall behind him as well as him himself. His eyes are gone, his wrists are bound together as well as his ankles. A bullet hole is on his forehead.

And a boy is laying on the ground. His skull caves in, a hole in his chest. Finger nails and toes nails are gone.

The bodies twitch and groan. I throw the blanket off of me and try to get away from the laying nightmare infront me.

I'm backed into a corner and I wrap my arms around legs and bury my face into my knees.

Please, please, please, please! Wake up, wake up! It's a dream... Just a dream.

"Y/n"

"Y/n"

"Why didn't you save us?"

"Please, leave me alone." Tears begin to build up. I close my eyes and cover my ears to try and block out the voice.

"This is all your fault. You killed us."

"No, no, no, that's not true!"

"It's your fault we're dead. It should've been you!"

"No! I'm sorry! Please! I'm sorry, don't hurt me!" I look up and one of the bodies is staring right into my eyes as it sits in front of me. I scream.

"It should've been you." And the body falls apart. Bugs crawl out as the corpse falls to the ground, almost like it's melting.

Millions of insects make their way to me and begin to crawl up my legs. I panic and try to brush them off but it's useless. They crawl into my mouth, nose, ears, and other parts of my body that they can.

I dig my nails into my skin trying to dig them out of me. I can feel then crawling around inside, eating my organs.

I look up to see the other to bodies smiling as I'm eaten alive from the inside. One puts its hand up to wave before the hand falls off the wrist. More bugs come outout and crawl towards me.