Chapter 10: Suspicion and Lies

Bakugo and myself both turn around to see the little brown haired girl staring at us with her empty and soulless eyes.

"Oooh... Hi there.." I give a small wave, awkwardly smiling as well. She doesn't say anything. Rude ass kid.

"Are you Y/n?"

"Uh... Yea.. Why do you ask?" She walks up to me, open her arms and... Hugs me.

"Will you look after me? Daddy doesn't want me anymore and said I should go to mommy. He said what you looked like and sent me off." She buries her face in my shirt. I pat her head.

"Can you tell me what daddy looked like?"

"No. Daddy said he'd come for us if I said anything else. Daddy doesn't like me or mommy's boyfriend."

Boyfriend??

"Heh, who's mommy's boyfriend?" She points to Bakugo. "HA! THAT'S FUNNY!" I slap my knee. "That's a knee slapper right there!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! WHY WOULD I WANT TO GO OUT WITH YOUR UGLY ASS ANYWAYS?!" He pouts and crosses his arms over his chest. "You seem to be interested in half n half anyways..."

"Mommy, can I stay with you? I don't wanne be alone anymore." She grabs my hand. I give it a reassuring squeeze.

"I won't leave you alone. You can come with us."

"Why?? We don't even know this little shit! For all we know she could be a spy for for those assholes!" Bakugo shouts.

"Oh, please. Look at her. She's an innocent bean. She couldn't hurt a fly." I say, as I look down at her, watching as she steps on an ant.

Well, I did say fly not ant sooo

"She could be here to get information on us, and you're making g it so fucking easy! We don't know this demon spawn!"

I roll my eyes. "Please, what can she do? She's clean, there's nothing she can use to talk to those freaks with. We're fine. Stop being such a weenie." I pick up the girl and walk back to out camp site. Bakugo following closely behind, glaring at the poor girl. She sticks out her tongue at him.

"You little shit... Come here!" He jumps at her.. Well me as well since I'm carrying her. We all fall as Bakugo tackles us. He picks her up by the arm, she's screaming. I panic and jump on Bakugos back making him drop the girl.

Where is everyone?? Can they seriously sleeping through all this noise?!

"Ack! What the hell are you doing?!" He screeches.

"Don't hurt her! She's just a little girl!" I scramble to get up. I crawl over to her and hold her close to me. "You actual asshole." I growl.

"Whatever. Don't come crying to me when those bastards come and get you, all because you trusted the wrong fucking person." He growls, and turns on his heel and walks away. The sounds of leaves crunching becoming fainter and fainter. I look down at the girl. She clutching my shirt in her hands. Her eyes closed. Tears coming out of her eyes slowly.

"Shh, hey, nothing is gunna happen to you. You know why?" I ask.

"Why...?"

"Because I'm here and I'm gunna protect you." I give her a closed eye smile. I open my eyes to see her giving me a bright smile herself. "Come on, let's go back to the camp site."

"Ok."

"Oh, I almost forgot, what's your name?"

"My name? Oh it's... Uh... I don't remember my name. I don't think I even ever had one." We continue walking until we reach the camp site. By then, everyone is already awake. Bakugo is sulking by a tree, pouting. I roll my eyes at him. I go to my bag and pull out a granola bar and hand it to the little girl. She ripes it open and devours it.

When she's done, she looks up at me and says, "Can I have another one? I'm still hungry..." I said yes and gave her three more.

We all packed up our things, while doing so I explained everything to everyone about the little girl. Momo and Mina gushed over how cute she was. The boys rolled their eyes, but I could tell they liked her too. The only ones who wasn't ok with her tagging along was obviously Bakugo. Todo wasn't exactly excited about having her come with us either, but he didn't complain. He just keeps his distance from her.

"Hey, can I play in that rectangular device in your hands? It looks fun!"

"My phone? Yea sure, I don't mind. Just don't break it." I hand her my phone, not thinking much of it. I hear her talking to someone I turn around to see her with the phone up to her ear. "Who are you talking to?" I ask, and walk up to her. Her eyes widen as I get closer to her. She panics and ends the phone call.

"Uh, wrong number... Yea, someone called asking for a Tim and I told them they have the wrong number." She drags her foot in the dirt, refusing to make eye contact with me.

"I thought you... Whatever. Bakugo is gunna look after you." I said

"WHAT THE FUCK, I NEVER AGREED TO THAT!"

"Don't care~" I say. He walks over, eyeing the small girl.

"I don't wanna hear you complain, got it you little shit stain?" He sneers.

"Yep!" She answers, grabbing his and my hand leading us to the rest of the group.

To be continued...