Final Author's Note

ابدأ من البداية

I would especially want to thank all my real-time readers for actually braving to be with the pains of Odyssey and Lee all through out. I always say that it is so hard to keep up with an ongoing when it was so easy to decide to wait for it to be finished, considering you have an author like me who was very far from being prolific. Imagine, almost 9 years this June and this is just my 4th book? You can also choose to choose another completed story, but you stayed and gave me generous comments.

Seryoso. Konti lang kayo, but the comments are always triple the readers because you were too kind and considerate for me to have something to hold on. And believe me, I was really gonna finish this, but your encouragements prodded me on.

Storytime, the idea struck me after our grandmom was diagnosed a few months ago with Alzheimers. She is turning 90 this March and it was really hard for us. Ganoon pala no? One day she was just this very masungit na lola, and then the next day, she can't even recognize us to the point that I miss her grumpy self so much, it hurts.

Of course it wasn't early-onset like what was written in here, but kindly offer a lot of prayers for her to be healthy and happy. Thank you!

Anyway, the treatment of the material was non-linear as it was like a flood of memories. It comes in waves and is disorganized. Non-linear. Just like how we remember things. But when it hits, it really hits hard.

*SPOILER STARTS HERE*

Maybe you'll ask me, why does she have to die? Of course she has to die. Not because I wanted you to cry. Not for shock factor. And maybe you know me, I don't kill characters, too often, but no, this isn't something I did for a change. But because she just have to.

As you can tell, even the younger Lee is already in the peak of her character development. She was already mature. She is brave to love. She continues to help people in the way that she lives, and she doesn't try. The only thing that hinders her to the end point is her refusal to continue this great love, but she is endlessly selfless.

And as you know, and as mentioned haha, the most beautiful flowers gets to be picked up first. And in this story, she was the most beautiful.

You may feel sad for Odi, because I am sure I will be perpetually sad for him. But it's bittersweet because this is his growth. If this is not romance, this would be his coming of age an rin haha.

Baka tinatanong niya kung parang minadali. Why is everything briskly happening in the latter chapters? Kasi ayun nga. It's like Lee's memories. The same way she remembers and forgets things, just like the timeline, it also disintegrates into flashes and bits of events. Just like that. When she's lucid. And when she's not.

I hope you've picked up something from this journey. It might not be a life lesson, but can be a variety of feelings because even though it ended as it is, I tried to give you everything that I also, as a reader wanted to feel if I'm reading something. The youthful energy in their coming-of-age, the kilig, the realizations, the angst (of course, the angst we love), the pain, the pleasure and the ardent love, and of course the tragedy. I hope it earned it and didn't come off as something that just popped out at the end.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I had fun (and cried) writing it.

Also, I just wanted you to know that this is a celebration of a female lead. We are all fond of gushing towards a perfect male lead. But in this book, I wanted it to be more of the female. Although Odyssey was nice and gentle, it was Lee who completely propped this story up like I wanted her to be (lol I hope you also realize and feel that haha or else maybe I failed). This was just about a girl, albeit ordinary, has managed to change the life of the people around her.

No make-overs. No Cinderella story (although there is a societal difference but it wasn't the main conflict of the story in the past and in the present). No damsels in distresses. Nothing really fancy. Just a girl and the big love she can give. What a challenge because I also like those tropes haha and writing a very intimate piece in a 3rd person POV is really really difficult.

And thank you for even reading this far. The notes.

Nobody reads the notes haha. Tama talaga na tayo ang pinakamababa sa reading comprehension pero tama talaga ito, because yes, ngayon pa lang sasabihin ko na.

NO SEQUELS!

Please let them as it is.

Halos lahat naman ng works ko walang sequels because I hate sequels in real life haha unless it's a planned series or saga like Harry Potter. But milking out a fandom/an audience/ a reader to read or watch something for a sequel dahil may cult na is so annoying for me. Huwag ganoon, friends!

Thank you ulit, and I hope that even though the re-readability of angst is low, I hope you do comeback here if you want to torment yourself.

Maraming maraming salamat for joining me in this journey!

Let's say goodbye to Odyssey and Lee for now!

Pero, salamat nga pala sa 100k reads haha. Alam kong bente lang tayo dito, pero heto parang ang daming umuulit siguro haha! I've wished for this to reach a hundred thousand reads bago ko ilagay ang Epilogue and thank you for making it happen!

Happy 100k WYSLMT!

Gawa siyempre 'yan ng mga taong realtime na nagbabasa. 'Yung mga pinipiling mag-antay sa updates kahit na notorious akong mag-hiatus ng mga storya ko dito. I will list your names here kasi sht grabe my gratefulness. Paulit-ulit lang naman 'yung mga pangalang nababasa ko and sometimes, I wait for certain wphandles to comment haha.

Later kapag nahimasmasan na ako because you are the reason why I was able to push the through kahit ang bigat ng materyal.

Pero, maraming salamat na rin sa mga silent readers (assuming meron haha) kasi kahit kaunti lang ang nakikita ko, may nadagdag sa reads counter kahit pakonti-konti. Salamat na rin.

Readers have outgrown me. May mga buhay na sa labas ng wattpad. Siyempre the newbreeds will probably not read this haha. Kaya sa inyong mga nagtutulak sa'kin dito. Marami akong utang sa inyo. Iisip ako ng paraan kung paano makakabawi. Magprint ba ako nito for give away? Hahahaha.

Anyway, the artwork pegs I've used in the headers are from korean artists:

@ pantyfairy

@ sum_art90

@ zipcy

Somebody called me out hehe pero I've asked for permission naman from them and I told you guys naman I will credit them after. Pero hayan na sila. Just in case you wanna browse their artworks on IG. Follow them and give them some love, too.

So, on another note, this story may be inspired by a lot of separated, then reunited lovers from high school to present, with the backdrop din of dreams-- most especially Le Coup de Foudre. May nagpaalala lang sa'kin and yeah, I was subconsciously writing some units that are similar. Very light lang that webnovel though and not angst and as heavy as this hehe.

Huli kong tanong:

Gusto niyo ba ulit ng angstfic from me?

Till my next story (sana ganoon ulit ka-sipag haha),

Date started: June 24, 2019
Date completed: January 11, 2020

Tell me your thoughts

FB: facebook.com/forgottenglimmerworks

Twitter: @GlimmerFiction

Thanks,

©forgottenglimmer, All Rights Reserved 2020

CHECK OUT OTHER COMPLETED TITLES

> Secretly Married (2011)
> Reyna ng Kamalasan (2014)
> I Heart Kuya (2019)

Also, please check out
>Loved Too Late, Perci's story on my works.

Edit: 02/03/2020
My lola passed away today. This novel now meant a lot to me more than ever. Thank you for your prayers.