chapter 36

General pov..

*********************
It has been a day since that date night with Hayden, Elena was happy, excited and somewhat worried about the situation but overall joyous on having had spent quality time with him.
She was distracted due to not talking to him since then but he had already informed her of his busy schedule, so there was no option other than waiting or calling herself but she was hesitant to do so..
Next day getting ready for office, she was having breakfast with her family when she heard the news on TV :

'Famous business tycoon and Eligible bachelor Hayden McCarthy who was to wed popular heiress Veronica Martin is again single now. Yes you heard it right, From the recent sources it occurs that the bachelor is available in market again. The person in talks himself announced in a press conference that the wedding which was going to take place in coming week is cancelled and its sole responsibility is taken by Hayden McCarthy himself as it was an arranged setup but due to not being interested in it and other compatibility issues, they have called of the wedding and he had come to common grounds with Mr. Lynn Martin himself and decided to remain courteous with each other on personal and professional front due to mutual decision of separation. Since it came from the horse's mouth itself, we have to believe everything is fine between them.(host laughs). Although media has yet to catch a glimpse of or talk to Veronica Martin herself.'

Seeing the news, she decided to call Hayden herself to check if he's alright. When she called him, he wasn't answering, in haste she thought to call Delilah, whose office number was engaged continuously..
Conflicted whether to call Hayden, Delilah, anybody or not was so much that that she forgot about her meetings at the office and started pacing in her room biting her nails, it was when Erica called her to remind her of the meeting half an hour prior that she got her senses back. She was conflicted whether to go attend the meeting or try and connect with Hayden. She called Delilah again to at least know about his whereabouts as she knew Hayden might be still busy with the press matters. Delilah's line was continuously engaged, sighing she left it and thought of attending her meeting rather than worrying endlessly sitting idle.
On reaching office she greeted everyone absentmindedly and asked Erica to send Mr George for the meeting as soon as he came.  Almost after 5 hours she got free from all the meetings of the day and decided to call Hayden as soon as she reached home. She was leaving without even a goodbye to anyone when Erica called her saying she wanted to say something but Elena was done for the day so she just rushed out despite Erica's continuous calling, stepping out of the office, she was met with blinding lights and flashes, getting the shock of her life when questions were thrown her way regarding HAYDEN McCarthy..
Having been not prepared for such situation, she was caught off guard and didn't know what to say when somebody held her from arm and whisked her away from paparazzi..
Not in her senses due to this abrupt chaos, she just went with the flow and allowed the person to drag her..
Inside the car, when in safe environment, she got over the shock after regular taps on her shoulder and came to realisation that it was David, Dav - her friend, overwhelmed she just jumped on him, hugged him tightly and started sobbing loudly remembering those embarrassing questions:

What is your relationship with Hayden McCarthy?

Are you his mistress? Did you know he was going to get married?

What do you have to say about Veronica Martin and Hayden McCarthy's broken wedding?

Where do you met Hayden? Was it before he was set to wed or you knew?

David consoled her and felt rage and helpless seeing her.. seeing she was not calming down, he did whatever he can do to cajole her..
He asked his driver to take them to his mansion and asked Elena to take rest while he himself got busy on the phone with something important..she closed her eyes resting her head on the window but was still not at peace, opening her eyes again, restlessly she turned her face to window of the car and glued her head to the window closing her eyes again..
David on reaching turned to Elena to wake her up only to see that she was sleeping already with dried tears on her cheeks.. He tried to shake her by tapping her shoulder but she was in deep slumber..
He picked her up bridal style and took her inside the guest room, making sure she is comfortable and left the room..
******
After an hour or two Elena saw Someone was shaking her and she was inside someone's house..she woke up groggily and ask "Where am I?"

Guyss I am soo soo sorry for this late update, but there were some personal issues due to which i was busy, but i will try to be more regular..
Do tell me how do you find the update?
Who thought it was Hayden instead of David as Elena's saviour..
If anybody want to share anything, has some problem, you are welcome to message me..
Protect yourself from Corona virus..
N yes
Do not forget to vote, support and comment...