CHAPTER 2

ELENA KINGSLEY :

There was a knock on the door..
"Come in" I said
"Yeah mam you asked for me??"
My PA - Erica lara said coming inside.
"Erica how many times do I have to tell..you are my friend you can call me by my name not mam- It feels like I am some old school teacher" I said chuckling..

"Yeah sorry now tell me what is it?" She asked setting down.

"I have got call from McCarthy's office for some wedding planning in their family, if everything goes great i think we'll get the contract.. no?" I filled her in..

"Yeah thats soo great" she squealed excited..

"Shhhhh... Everybody's working" I whispered cheerfully.

"Whats going on? missing me or talking about me?" Taylor my other flirt colleague asked..
I rolled my eyes..Trust him to make everything about him.

Taylor Williams is a total flirt and a womaniser but a dear friend of Erica and me in office..
"Yeah sure " I said sarcastically.
"Really I mean you can't deny the hard work i put in for long" he said pointing towards his body..

I snorted.

"What do you want taylor?" I asked.
"Oh yeah i heard McCarthy whats going on?.." he asked seriously..

"Right they called.. just a sec, my phone...
Hello yeah.. yeah right no no i haven't, am definitely coming otherwise she's not going to forgive me ...
(Again turning to colleagues) Listen guyss I have to go soon Aliya is coming and you know how Noel is, she will kill me if i don't go on time.. bye" I said rushing out of office..
****

After 2 hours I got to the airport thanks to stupid traffic I think every soul of New york has come out on the streets by God...

"Hie Ellie aunt , I here I here" I listened from somewhere..
Craning my neck here and there to get better view, I saw Noel.. my niece of 4 years rushing towards me..
Aww... My baby.. I started rushing towards her making space for myself pushing people aside...

In the process i run into so many people and apologize to all of them absentmindedly..

"Hey my baby" I hugged Noel and started spinning her..
She started squealing..
"El..lie...Haahaa... Ellie ..Haha"
Then I greeted my sister Aliya Kingsley - she's same as me same height same colour of eyes just is redhead.. whereas Noel has same color eyes as mother but brown color hair as her late father Mark or more so like me so sometimes people think I am her mother..

So Aliya and Noel lives with me most of the times and other times Aliya is busy in travelling due to her job..
"Hey Aliya" I greeted my sister who was happy watching us..
"Hey lil sister, How are you?" she asked
"I m good, lets go home i will drop you off and then I have a meeting " I informed her..
"Oh no no you carry on..we will gossip after work " She said concerned about my work.

"Ok Noel baby Ellie will talk to you in the evening right?? " I asked showing my both thumbs up to Noel who was busy admiring the airport...
"YESS Ellie i will tell how fun i have" she said not even paying attention to what am I saying..
"Yeah sure baby " i said kissing her forehead.
"Bye both of you" i said rushing out of the airport to be at McCarthy's meeting..
_____
In around forty five minutes, I reached the McCarthy building. I was in my professional attire white blouse and peach skirt.. hopefully I am looking presentable for the meeting. Already am late there's no time for touch up so I straight away rushed to the reception table instead of restroom..
"Hey" I said to the receptionist who was busy doing something on her phone...
"Hey" I again said to gain her attention..
"What" she snapped
Oh..kay no sense at all.
"I have a meeting with Mr McCarthy " I said
"Name" she said rudely doing something on the PC..
"Elena Kingsley"
"Wait" she said
She talked on phone for some time then said to take 50th floor.

oh my God..50th?

I took lift and waited to reach the floor..
Upon stepping out of the lift I saw a lady already standing there on a deserted floor..
"Miss Kingsley right?" she inquired probably expecting me.
"Yeah" i said with a polite smile.
"I am Delilah - the PA, we talked..remember? follow me, I will show you to the boss' room, he's always on time but today he got late as you are.. so thank God otherwise he would have snapped, he has just stepped into the office" she said showing me the room.
"I ll leave you to it" saying she went away to her desk.
"Okay lets start Elena" i said to myself...
Knock knock
"Come in" comes a faint masculine voice from the other side.
Pushing the door knob, I entered the room..