chapter 18

General pov :

It has been two days since they have last seen each other in lift. Both were relishing the memory till today. It was on their mind as fresh as flower. Elena was in her office doing some file checking and some e mails for the events they have been proposed. It was about lunch time. She continued her work. There was knock on the door. She dragged her eyes up from laptop. Erica was standing there on the door. "I am going home for lunch today. My mom is coming. I am not sure if i will be able to return after lunch. Is it okay with you because Taylor is also on leave?" She asked.
"Sure, go ahead enjoy with your mum. Say my Hi" Elena said dismissing her..
"Yeah I will , but you missy are not going to sit here and work during lunch time too, get up or I will have to make you" Erica said
"Just five more minutes , i will go for sure" she persisted.
"Fine" Erica told her...
As Erica exited the office, Elena got busy in her work again. It was half an hour after the lunch break started , when she thought of having lunch in her favourite diner. 'Joey's diner' which was totally in different direction from her office but it will be worth it as she has not met Joey since so many days. Joey was the owner of the diner whom  she had met when she first went there and she got so close to him that she started visiting his family. He lived with his wife, has a son who was married and has a son of five years. She picked up her car keys and her phone and giddily made her way to the car.
Once settled in she started making her way through heavy traffic.
Hayden was in his car going for a meeting in a nearby 5 star restaurant. He was going through presentation last time to check whether everything is perfect when the car started make wierd sounds and finally stopped with a jerk.
Shit... no no.. he thought "What happened? " he asked Michael "I am going to check " he said getting out.
While Michael was checking , he asked Hayden to wait inside the diner in front of them and he will call for another car in 5 minutes if this will take time. Hayden made his way inside the diner attracting lot of eye balls. People were not turning back to their self seeing a person in expensive suit in a small diner and that too Hayden McCarthy. Leo was following him at a distance. He got seated in the corner and opened his laptop again.
Elena reached Joey's and called for him at the reception counter through which kitchen could be seen clearly. She called loudly for Joey. He was busy managing orders. So she thought she will herself go to her favourite spot. When she neared the table where you could see the outside busy streets through glass, she noticed there was already someone sitting there. "Excuse me, can I sit here , Actually this is my..." She stopped talking when she saw Hayden McCarthy was sitting there working on laptop looking sexy as hell. "Oh" she said stopping her rant.
"Hi Hayden" she said giving him a pleasant smile. She was happy it was just Hayden, not some creep she has to share hee favourite spot with.
When Hayden saw who was asking to share a table, He feel excited to meet her again, be it by a chance. He stared at her for seconds noticing she was wearing pink shirt and white knee length skirt. How can she look so sexy and cute at same time without so much effort, it was beyond his thinking neither was he going to tell her that..
"Sure, go ahead" he said while keeping one eye on laptop and other one on her.
"Thank God, I thought I have to share my seat with God knows who, but it is you, I am relieved, actually this is my favourite spot" she said eyeing the view in front of her while Hayden's mind was lingering on the fact that she trusted him enough to not categorise him a creep.
Suddenly Elena noticed there was a man too standing behind Hayden's seat. She eyed him warily. Hayden followed her line of vision noticing she is staring at Leo. "Don't worry, he is for security " he said nodding towards Leo.
In the meantime Joey came saying "I knew you would be here" she excitedly jumped from the table and hugged him. "I missed you. Its so good to see you again old man" she teased.
"Who are you refering to old man? I am younger than you" He teased back narrowing his eyes playfully. He then noticed Hayden sitting on her table. " Who is this?? Some special friend?? You didn't even tell me?? Does he take good care of you?" He questioned loud enough for Hayden to listen.
" Joey you are embarrassing him, I will complain to Daria mom" she said rolling her eyes with reddened cheeks. Then she introduced them "Hayden, he is Joey this diner's owner and Joey this Hayden , he is..."
"A Friend" Hayden replied cutting short in the question answer session.
She immediately snapped her head towards him but Hayden was just standing there with blank expression facing Joey. Joey did notice this encounter but did not said anything. "Actually she hasn't brought anyone here , so I thought..." Joey said to Hayden. Hayden nodded but feel selfishly good that she comes here alone at her favourite place..
"Your usual?" Joey asked Elena.
"Yes" she replied "Actually make it three" She said eyeing Hayden and Leo..
"There's No need " Hayden responded her.
"No, I insist, its the best burger in the world, go go go Joey, we Will eat" she said beaming happily..
After some minutes, Joey placed three double cheese burgers with some coke on the table. " Enjoy" He said returning back to complete other orders. Elena started eating it, while Hayden and Leo were eyeing her weirdly.
"What?" She said "I know What you are thinking, This is not cliche story and I am a normal girl, normal girls eat this much" she said moaning at the heavenly taste on burger. "Come on, eat it, Leo you can join us too " she said enjoying the meal.
Hayden eyed the local diner food warily and then picked it up. He also nodded at Leo to have his and go with the flow. Leo quietly picked up his food and sat on the other table across from them to keep an eye on Hayden's surroundings. When Hayden took the first bite, he knew it was the best he had ever but only nodded at Elena while she was waiting for his reaction. They were in the middle of eating when Michael came inside making his way to Hayden and told him" I think car has got serious problem, I have called the other driver he will be here in 10 minutes maximum" he said eyeing his watch..
"What? 10 more minutes, Michael , I will get late for the meeting" he said more coldly to emphasize the emergency.
"Hi Michael" Elena said " Actually I can help.. you know, I will drop you where ever you want to go" she told facing Hayden..
"No its ok I will wait" He said
"No.. come" she said dragging him holding his hand "you only told that we are friends right, so I will drop you, there is no problem. They stopped by the reception to pay the bill. When both of them put it on the counter together. Both face each other ready to argue about the bill.
"I will pay it, I offered you right, so I will  pay it, don't worry" she said
"No I insist, its no big deal.. I will pay for it" he told her
"I am telling you, I will manage" she said firmly.
"Okay then take mine as tip" he said placing money on counter making their way to the exit.  She took him to her car unintentionally holding his hand . When they reached the parking, she realised her mistake and abruptly dropped his hand smiling at him awkwardly. Leo was following them quietly.
They both sat in the car in front. Leo was standing there, he told Hayden to go, 'he will join him shortly when the other car will arrive'. Hayden was about to reply when Elena spoke "Leo you can sit, in the back, its fine by me, Hayden's security is important , so you should come with us.
I don't have any problem, if its ok with Hayden.. you know boss sitting in the front, and you at back , no offence" she said to Leo laughing at her own joke. Leo nodded taking place in the back seat of the car. When Elena started driving facing front, Hayden smiled shaking his head to himself when her attention was on the road and not him. He felt weirdly happy when she was thoughtful about his security but showed none.
"Where to?" She asked glancing at him.
"Hotel Pacific" He replied eyeing his watch again and again..
"Okay" she said focusing on the road again..