✿ 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘺 ❀

━━━━━━━━「      」━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━「 」━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐘 blew on y/n's exposed neck as she skipped her way to work, bright smile clad on her face and hands swinging at her sides. as the crisp air blew once more, she pulled her winter hat further down her head out of instinct, so that the warm wool was now giving her almost rose colored ears shelter. soon after hearing a shout of her name from a gruff and masculine voice that she was sure she recognized, y/n whipped her head in the direction of said voice.

"yō?!" y/n's [e/c] orbs widened to the size of saucers in shock as she began to run up to the male; disregarding the monotonous bodies of civilians that were also mindlessly making their way down the sidewalk. upon reaching the male, she engulfed him into a tight embrace as if she hadn't seen him in years, which— if you asked her, it felt like. she took in his earthy sandalwood scent with great vigor, relishing in the familiar smell.

the male internally battled with himself on whether to hug the female back or not, ultimately deciding to give in. he softly stroked her back, occasionally rubbing a soothing circle over her shoulders as he contemplated his next move. y/n, oblivious to yō's destructive thoughts gently ran her fingers through his loose chocolate curls and fondly looked up at the male. "what are you doing back here yō? christmas break isn't for another week and a half!"

said male redirected his gaze from y/n's eager [e/c] eyes and removed his hand from the small of her back to bring it up to his neck. he gently pried the females arms from around him and pushed her form to arms length.

"right, i just came to settle a few loose ends." he subtly gestured between the two of them, implying his meaning.

y/n scrunched up her brows in confusion as she searched his amber orbs for anything that could reassure her that he didn't mean what she thought he meant. fear slowly began to settle its way into the pit of her stomach as she took a shaky step back from the male. a hot substance made its way to her eyes; tears, which she continuously tried to wipe away as they kept prickling the corners of her [e/c] optics.

"i— fuck. y/n, i found someone else on campus." shindo finally confessed, wasting no time in getting straight to the point while wistfully looking down at the girl.

a heavy smack followed by a 'fuck you shindo' was barely heard, lost in the sea of bustling city noise before the [h/c]ette stormed away, leaving vulgar profanities in her wake. a few of the citizens that were passing by, stopped to watch the whole ordeal with tittering interest, tucking the encounter in the depths of their memory so that they could later share it with their friends and family. one deathly glare from shindo, however, had them scattering away to resume whatever it was that had them out in the first place.

"hello! welcome to hidden passion cafe! i'm l/n, how may i be of service?"

y/n— with the best of her efforts, cheerfully greeted and seated the two pubescent middle school boys who shyly made their way through the double glass doors of the cafe.

she idly handed a menu to both of the boys, but perked up her ears when they— well, one of them began to stumble over their words, attempting to talk to the h/c locked female. "w-well actually, m-my friend here t-thought you we-were c-c-cute and wanted your n-number!"

y/n cautiously looked around as if the boy was talking to someone behind her, while she thought about if her appearance truly looked like that of a pubescent middle schoolers, immediately cringing at the image. the [h/c]ette indifferently glanced at the quieter male of the two, who had his face timidly tucked away into a menu and graced him with a soft smile, although he probably couldn't see it.

"sorry, but i'm definitely too old for either of you. now, are you all ordering or no?" y/n implored with a slight pout, arching a brow as she tapped her pen onto her notepad anxiously.

"oh... w-well yes! sorry, we're ordering!"

y/n felt slightly bad after seeing the depressed expression on the younger boys face, but played it off by smiling sweetly at him. "don't worry bud, i'm sure there are plenty of cute girls at your school trying to go out with you!" she encouraged, throwing in a 'more around your age too!' at the end.

they then proceeded to order, and when they finished, y/n merrily left them with a forced, but gentle beam.

"you know, me and yō broke up today." you blurted out languidly, closing your [e/c] orbs as you playfully kicked hitoshis shoulder. said male cracked one of his own tired violet optics open as he stared you down with a questioning look.

"i don't even know who the hell that is y/n." he stated, pushing your rather heavy limbs off of him. the two of you were currently laying adjacent from each other across your couch, senselessly watching some christmas movie. "actually, i didn't know you were seeing anyone at all." he spoke up again after a few seconds. he spoke with a bit of discomfort, which you mentally took note of.

humming in affirmation, you let your eyelids go slack as your thoughts ran rampant. "well, no one knew to be honest. it just kinda happened." although you weren't looking at your lavender haired companion, you could feel his harsh and judging gaze upon you, and couldn't help but squirm uncomfortably in your spot.

hitoshi simply grunted in response, shifting his stare back to the boisterous television that was now playing some end credits with the same obnoxious cliche christmas music that repeats every year. he fumbled around his body in a desperate attempt at looking for the remote to turn down the god awful melody blasting through the tv. confirming it wasn't around him, he glanced up at your form to find the electronic rectangle in your grip as you wiggled it with a sly grin.

"toshi, do you remember that promise we made like five years ago?"

━━━━━━━━「 」━━━━━━━━
a/n: we aRe nOT going to talk about
how i've been writing for the SAME
day until like a chapter ago😔😔
also, i did some deep reflecting m8s
& now i know what to do w this story..
Kɪɴᴅᴀ