Chapter 12- Two motives

"So Vin, tell me about yourself?" Cara asks, taking a bite of her bacon.

Vin glanced over at her and smirked. "I don't have much to say about myself, what do we do?" He asks with a small smile.

Cara grinned sweetly. She felt his smile rest just at the bottom of her heart.

She must be careful of her new interest in him, she understood her movements were monitored.

Getting sexually involved with Martins, was just a ladder to climb to the position she wanted.

Martins promised to make it possible, but with payment. She was disgusted with his sexual demands but had to do what she dimmed right, as long as she got what she wanted.

Her sacrifices will surely pay off. But now, here is Vin, a woman's dream man. Now he has been carved into the list of things she wants for herself.

She felt like his recent appearance, was a sign that, she'd be allowed to live like a young beautiful woman and be happy.

Everything with Martin stood ancient and depressing, but she must make a sacrifice to live her dream life.

"Alright, what do you do?" She asks.

"Mmm...I am a civil engineer, well before all these."

She smiles and said " I am not trying to be selfish, but I'm glad I'd met you after all"

He smirks.

" So, this means, on his return, you'd go back to your normal life" she sipped her coffee.

"You know the truth" He wipes his lips, with a napkin.

Of course, she knows he would go once his father resumes. But she wishes he would stay, her infatuation for him only got stronger. She stared at him, and when he looked to see her watching him, he smiled.

"Are you sad because I'm leaving?"

"Uh..."

"You don't have to, we are not even friends," He said dryly.

She looked down and twirled her coffee cup on the table. "But, that's what I want us to be" She looked up, and stared at him. " Friends," she said.

Vin kept mute for some seconds, and sighed, nodding he said, " Since you're the first person to ever ask me to be their friend, I accept. Others never asked, I just realised they became my friends without my consent."

Cara laughed heartily. "Well, thanks I guess?"

"Right ?" He arched his brows.

She giggles and nods.

"So, about today, I observed that maybe you may not be close to your sister Emily?" He asked.

Cara looked from him to the table and sighed.

He kept quiet and waited for her to speak.

"Why?" she asked.

He hums and folded his arm, looking elsewhere calculatingly. "It was your inauguration today, and she nullified it." he looked back to her face. " I don't think she would've done that if you were closer and discussed it at home. She walked into the room as if she had just heard about it."

Cara clears her throat. And took a sip of her coffee. " sorry..."

He stared at her.

"That's what it is" she replied.

"Mmm... You two don't seem to be sugar and tea" he uttered calmly.

Cara looked him over and replied, " Well we are not exactly oil and water, I think we just need time."