Chapter 2-She obviously sounds sick

A/n: The sick character(Emily), doesn't speak well Yeah, it's like a short pause before she completes a sentence.

Now onto the story.

Emily sat on her bed, looking straight to thin air.

A beep sound came and she slowly tilt her head to her right, and next to the blinking watch on her hand and sooner a subtle voice filled the room.

"Hi, I am Happy, your robot assistance," the voice said.

It was an AI (Artificial intelligence) that would assist her in her daily activities, first, it would briefly introduce herself to her before she would run into the sitting room looking lost and afraid of anyone she sees.

"Your name is Emily Dennis, you're twenty-five years old, and an Alzheimer's disease patient. Which is why you're experiencing a loss of memory."

Emily stayed mute, knowing this must be her daily lifestyle.

"Tell me If you want me to draw out the pictures of your family members."

Emily only stared at her watch, which the AI was linked to, and the voice heard all over the room, as though coming from a speaker.

"Also endeavour to do all you can today, before the clock ticks noon. "

Emily sighs, and climbed out of the bed, dangling her legs, her eyes hoover's around the room. As she sights different oil paintings of a little girl, who seemed happy in all, far from what she was feeling at the moment.

Biting her bottom lip, while fondling with the hem of her pyjama shirt. She pauses when her eyes caught a shiny glass, situated into the thin wall. Slowly she stood up and walked closer to it, why wondering if this was what she would usually do each day.

Once her hand touched the shiny glass, it immediately slid to the right, creating a passage for her. She looked in, with calculative eyes and stepped into the room, in haste she ducked the bright light that almost blinded her with her hand.

"Welcome, Emily! Beautiful morning right?" A subtle female robotic voice filled the room.

Slowly Emily raised her head, her eyes adjusted to the colourful room. It was all pink and white.

Her walk-in closet stood captivating and glamorous.

"Will speak again 10 seconds." the voice came again.

Emily searched for her company, but then again the lights of her watch were blinking again. She looked up and saw a tiny neon light wired in the room blinking in sync with her watch.

"My name is Happy, your robot assistant"

"Ha. . . happy" she called softly.

"Yes Emily"

Emily glances at the black watch on her wrist.

"This is your closet, and I am always here to assist you. Here at your right-hand side ... you have your gallery of shoes, at the left, dressing hanging area..."

Happy's voice sounds nice and comforting.

Emily fixed her hands into her pyjama pockets and nodded to Happy lecturing her.

She sighs, knowing this must be her daily routine. No knowledge of things, a robot to guide her, and a deep sick feeling, that her life must be messed up.

" And island storage of pieces of jewellery. Here is also a space for your eye wears."

Happy paused and asked.

"Should I start over?"

Emily shook her head, and said "No"

Deciding to walk closer to the places she was mentioning. She pauses when she sees her reflection and stopped, taking a step back, she finds a tall mirror positioned into the glass wall. She took a full view of herself. She was wearing blue polka-dot pyjamas, which its hoodie covered her hair, some small strands of her black hair covering the right side of her face.

"Tell me if you would like to dress up, I will quickly send a message to your stylist"

"No. . . Introduce my. . . family to me"

"Introducing your family to you as it was computed."

***

Emily pushed the doors of her room open, ready to live like her normal days, she stepped out, while puffing air through her mouth, running a hand on her arm, seemingly calming her nervousness. She strolled down to the sitting room slowly counting her steps.

"Hey Em" Cara called behind her.

Emily stopped and turned to the lady, on a gray lengthy hoodie, that stopped on her mid-thighs. The face didn't ring a bell, so she kept mute.

Cara giggles. "Don't stress yourself, you don't wish to know who I am ." She said and sipped on her coffee while eyeing her through the rim of her cup.

Emily fondles her pyjamas, looking at her. Not knowing what to think or say to the girl with the average female height. Who stared at her, like she was some victim in a zombie movie.

"Poor child" Cara tsked.

"Who-are-y- -you?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Oh please! out of my way Emily. I don't wish to get infected" Cara pushes past her.

Emily regains her composure and glared at her.

"And hey! Why do you bother coming out every morning? Not like anyone knows you exist. Look, just stay indoors and do your thing, you're bugging most of us who wants to have a better memory"

Emily stared at her, wondering why she complained of Happy's kindness when the girl before her exercises the opposite. There really should be a lot of Happy in a world filled with this particular creature.

"What are you planning in that sick mind of yours?" Cara chuckles. "Oh I think I'm the one to be blamed here, you know I can actually want to move and move, but you? You will probably have to question yourself what moving means." She chuckles under her breath and walked out.

Emily folds her arms and watched her retreating figure. Wondering if she was supposed to know her, but "She obviously-sounds- sick " she mumbled.

Thank you for reading BN 💜