Chapter 8-A revelation

Vin drives into the compound of the cafe with his black Ferarri. He takes off his keys and grabbed sunglasses on his dashboard. As he made to step out, he sights Cara exiting the cafe.

She was wearing a strapless green gown, that slit from the middle of her thighs to her ankle. She had a shade on, but one thing got his eyes glued.

A middle-aged man walked past her, and she slid something into his rib pocket.

He watched as she headed straight to her car. A bodyguard opened the door for her, she got in, and they drove off at once.

He waited for a while before he made his way into the cafe. As he headed to the counter, he glanced around and saw the middle-aged man sitting in a secluded area.

He had seen his face somewhere.

He placed his orders and glanced back at the man. Who sat as though, waiting for someone.

His attention was drawn to another figure that walked into the cafe, and he was heading towards him. Vin turned his attention to the young girl packaging his orders. To avoid raising eyebrows.

Once the man got to the counter, he ordered a drink and took a glance around the cafe.

Vin stole a glance at him and blinked his eyes.

Flashback

While he sat in his car waiting for the traffic jam to clear. He stared at the man who creeped out of his car and walked to the pedestrian road. He watched him in awe and shook his head at the weirdness of his antics.

Flashback ends.

He remembered he was the one, who drove Cheif Max's daughter.

Vin watched him as he grabbed his drink, and headed towards the middle-aged man in the secluded area.

"Sir..."

Vin turned to the young girl.

"Thanks" he grabbed the plastic bag, and fixed his hand into his pocket, bringing out a wallet.

He glanced back at the men, as the second party joined the old fellow on his table. Vin pays the girl the in naira notes, adding a tip. She smiled and thanked him. He gave her a small smile and a subtle nod as he made his way to the exit.

He stole a glance at them again and walked out.

***
Vin enters his mansion, which appeared like an imperial palace. He presses a bell, and the door was quickly opened by a house maiden.

"Good day sir" she greets him with a bow.

"How are you doing Gloria?" he asked while walking in.

"I am fine sir" she replies to his retreating figure.

He walked to a door and opened it, switching on the light. He glanced around and shook his head.

"Dad, why did you switch off the light? and please wheel yourself back in" he said and dropped the plastic bag on a medium-sized table.

"The room was too bright, so I asked them to switch off the light," Mr Gerald Jay said with squinted eyes while wheeling his chair into the room.

"And that is because you're not putting on your glasses, "Vin said and picked his medicated glasses on the bed and helped him put them on.

"Oh...that feels better" His Dad chuckled.

"Your Body is paralysed Dad and not your brain" Vin mockingly said, and Mr Gerald frowned.