𝐱. doubled the trouble

TEN | DOUBLED THE TROUBLE

THE AFTERNOON SESSION ON A FRIDAY WAS ALWAYS ONE OF ANTICIPATING THE BELL TO RING. Each student sat in their desk, staring intently at the clock—not a single word their teacher said sinking into their tired brains. Seline Winchester thinks they should be given half days on Fridays, especially on the ones before Hogsmeade trips. It's not like anyone learnt anything in those lessons anyways. Everyone was just making mental checklists of what they would fill their weekends with.

Seline, personally, had barely unpacked her book bag. Instead she just sat there the whole lesson in anticipation to make a speedy getaway. Besides, Nicolette was her desk buddy and she wasn't prepared to stay back and chat. Thankfully, there hadn't been a moments gap in their professors ramblings for them to talk. She had nothing to say to the curly haired witch.

It was mere minutes until the clock would strike 3pm and students all over the room began to shove their possessions into their bags—much to the dismay of their professor. Thirty seconds now. Seline tapped her foot anxiously in time with the sound of the seconds passing by. She'd half pushed her chair out, ready to leap to her feet.

And then rang out the high pitched sounds they'd come to love and hate. Not to be dramatic but the feeling of euphoria that filled Seline every-time that final Friday bell rang out was incomparable to anything else. Professor Flitwick tried to get everyone to listen to him as he shouted about homework but half his class had already left. "The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do!" He called out meekly, sighing as he slumped into his chair in the front of the classroom.

Hermione Granger, that brown-noser, stalked towards him—probably to ask for extra homework. Loser behaviour. As Seline scurried to the door, Pansy caught up to her and linked their arms. "As stunningly pretty as a chipmunk," Pansy quoted the article in Grangers ear as they walked by and Seline held back a grin as her fist clenched.

"I'm hoping Draco will ask me to lunch at Hogsmeade tomorrow so tonight we need a serious beauty session," Pansy rambled as they entered the bustling corridors. Students of all year levels and houses pushed through one another to get to where they wanted. Pansy's depression over Draco had quickly turned back into delusion within a few days and they were back at square one. It was like clockwork, her and him. "—Mother sent me this book on beauty spells that I think we should test on Millie and then if they work. . ."