𝐱𝐢. being someone's girlfriend

ELEVEN | BEING SOMEONES GIRLFRIEND

          BEING SOMEONES ACTUAL GIRLFRIEND VERSUS BEING SOMEONES SUMMER FLING WAS DEFINITELY AN ADJUSTMENT. Seline Winchester was used to kissing boys at parties and calling them on the phone for a few weeks until she got bored of the attention they gave her. Being someone's girlfriend had an entirely different set of parameters she needed to follow. Now, she couldn't go home and flirt with Dudley over the break or wink at boys in Tesco anymore. She was officially someone's property now (Wayne had told her that he hated sharing and she better be prepared to be in this for the long haul). Easy enough, she supposed. Pretty reasonable, she guessed.

Officially being someone's girlfriend also meant that people were bound to be talking about them—more then usual (and boy did people talk). On Tuesday morning they strolled into the great hall, hand-in-hand and she could feel the whispers. She'd done her hair up into an extra tight, slicked back high pony tail to make herself seem more put together and in control. Not a single hair stuck up. 

The sun rose on Hogwarts, as it did everyday (regardless of the shit weather that plagued the grounds five out of seven days of the week) and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Perfect weather to watch Harry Potter make an embarrassment of himself in front of the entire school. She'd hoped that it being the day of the first task meant that people had bigger things to be gossiping about but alas, her hand holding with Wayne Hopkins had people leaning over and whispering into their ears of whoever they were sat by. Some of the older Slytherins turned their nose up at them. (It was one thing to be friends with a mudblood but another to be canoodling with one. . . !)

Wayne, as gentlemanly as he was, brushed off the chair for her before guiding her down. His hand never left her lower back as he slipped into the bench beside her. A part of her wanted to snap at him and remind him that she was more then capable but another liked being fussed over. Her father never went to that kind of effort for her mother.

Seline looked up to see Nicolette and Astoria in front of her—so much for a good morning. "This is. . ." Nicolette pointed between the pair, eyebrows knotted together. Her hair was done up in tight space-buns and she had two black smudges of face paint across her cheeks (the closest anyone in Slytherin would get to wearing Hufflepuff colours).