𝐢𝐱. that damned word again

NINE | THAT DAMNED WORD AGAIN

     IF SOMEONE WERE TO HOLD HER DOWN AS THEY SHOVED VERITASERUM DOWN HER THROAT, SELINE WINCHESTER WOULD ADMIT THAT SHE DIDN'T ACTUALLY MIND POTIONS AS A CLASS. In fact, she was honestly quite good at it. Perhaps this stemmed from her love of making 'potions' out of grass, dirt and whatever else she could find in the back garden as a kid. (The neighbours dog sure didn't appreciate when she'd try to feed it her concoctions.) She also liked that there was always a method to follow and that she'd (mostly) be prepared for the outcome.

"Oh, look Potters coming," Pansy muttered as they were waited outside the dingy classroom in the dungeons. "Is my badge straight?"

Seline snorted at the question. Had Pansy Parkinson and Harry Potter been anyone else, someone might've misinterpreted the motive behind the pug-faced girls question. "Yes, is mine?"

Pansy grinned. "Yeah, yours is fine."

Seline and Pansy watched eagerly as Harry Potter and his annoying friend, Hermione Granger rounded the corner. Grangers birds nest that she tried to pass off as hair was puffier than usual, which was saying something (seriously, the girl needed someone to hold her down and force a keratin product on her scalp). Like, Seline understood the frizzy hair struggle which is why she judged Hermione's laziness so much.

Ahead of them in the line, Draco Malfoy called out loudly, "like them, Potter?" His voice, sounding like nails on a chalk-board, immediately caught lightning-bolts attention. "And this isn't all they do—look!" Seline felt her lips curve upwards as Draco pressed his badge into his robes. She watched as it familiarly transformed into Potter Stinks.

Beside her, having caught a glimpse of the look on Potters face, Pansy was laughing her ass off. Not wanting to be the odd one (but also not wanting to give Draco the satisfaction of her laughing at his jokes), Seline joined in—with slight less enthusiasm. She ignored the way Draco's pupils flicked in her direction quickly as she pressed down on her own badge. The colour rushing to Potters face was enough to make her forget about him.