Chapter 28: What a horrible decision

"What?" He said from the other line after a few seconds of silence.

"Let's face it, Jacob." I told him. "We're getting nowhere with her. Leon has her wrapped around his fingers."

"I'm not gonna let Leon take away my favorite person, Bryer." He spat.

"Look, let's just let go for a moment." I told him. "We should let everything settle down for a few moments."

He didn't answer.

"I'm serious, commander. Let's at least wait for a time that Dayana remembers all her memories some way." I told him.

"Doesn't your gang have some drugs or shit to fix her up?" He asked.

"Shh! Be quiet, someone might hear you." I shushed.

"I'm alone in my room, Xander."

"Don't mention my name!"

"Chill, it's not like someone will find out what gang you're in."

"Just shut up." I told him. "I knew I shouldn't have told you about it."

I started walking away from where I was as I talked to Jacob.

"Alright, so we'll meet up later with Austin and Kitian." I agreed as I sat down on the floor of my room.

"Let's get fucking wasted." Jacob added.

"Yeah yeah." I said with a chuckle.

"I'll call those two goons then." He told me. "Bye, Xandy."

"Bye Jakie." I replied.

"Don't fucking call me that again." With that, he hung up.

I laughed to myself and stared at the wall for a while.

Jacob, Kitian, Austin, and I really need this night. Jacob and I are stressed because of Dayana, who he doesn't know is held captive with CBG, and Austin and Kitian are currently stressing over their school life.

If they even have one.

I snorted as I pulled my shirt over my head.

I needed to sleep.

I set an alarm for 4:00 PM before I drifted off to sleep.

Before I knew it, I slowly drifted to slumber.

~

"William." I called once more.

"It-it isn't enough boss." He told me, his hands shaking as they tried to type in whatever code he wants to input, "I need more time— we need more time!"

I slammed my hand on his desk, and told him sternly, "There is no more time, you understand? We need that virus now!"

"I-I-I'm working on it." He snapped, "God, I need more coffee."

"You're already too jumpy, William." I scolded, "If you're too jumpy, you might make a mistake. I cannot risk losing this girl again, William!"

"Hades, I won't fuck this up. I want to get Dayana as much as you do." He told me.

I stared at him intently.

"Fine, I'll go get Lyn and tell her to make you coffee." I replied.

I left his room and went directly to the training grounds.

"Lyn." I called.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"Make coffee for William and me." I instructed her.