Chapter 8: Just because you're cute doesn't mean I like your favorite people.

"No!" I yelled, "Travis let me out!"

"I will only let you out once you're done with that." He replied.

"That's not fair! I'm 18 already, I'm too old to be grounded!" I complained.

"And you're also too old to be doing immature things such as cutting classes." He replied as I heard his footsteps go away.

I huffed and glared at the pastel door in front of me.

"All I did was cut class!" I yelled.

Oh. Now that it came out of my mouth, it does sound like an immature thing only a fifteen-year-old would do.

I heard something being thrown to the door and it made a little squak!

"Was that my rubber ducky?!" I exclaimed as I tried turning the doorknob.

"Yes!"

"Mr. Rubby!"

"Did you seriously name it Rubby? What does that even stand for?" He asked in disbelief.

"It's short for rubber! 'Cause, you know, he's rubber." I replied.

He opened the door, "I wanna see your annoying face again. You're officially ungrounded."

"You beat the record! I got stuck in this room for thirty minutes!" I praised, "Last time you could only tolerate eight minutes without me."

"I'm overprotective, and very obsessive." He replied, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to sound weird. I mean it in a sibling way, not a romantic way."

"You saying way two times times just makes my mind drift off to memes." I told him.

He gasped, "You know the way?"

"Yes, I know the way." I said with a smirk.

He laughed and ruffled my hair, "Wanna go to the park?"

"Sure." I replied.

"Okay, get dressed." He told me and when I was about to protest, he added, "Properly."

What was wrong with a Stitch onesie? I mean, my unicorn onesie hasn't been washed yet so what does he expect me to wear?

I sighed as I lazily dragged myself to my closet and grabbed an oversized grey t-shirt and blue ripped jeans.

I went over to my mirror and tied my hair into a messy bun.

I stopped mid-way down the stairs when I got a full-view of Travis and a couple I don't know talking.

"Travis, we just want to see her." The woman said.

"Please, just leave. She doesn't need to see you." Travis replied, "Plus, you'll just take her away... again."

Were they talking about me?

"Travis. Listen to us. We are your pa-"

I slowly went back up the stairs and yelled, "Travis! Can you ready lots of food? Make sure to add ice cream!"

Just a sign that he needs to stop talking to them 'cause I'm ready.

But I'm not ready to see who they are.

Or who I think they are.

"Sure, Yana!" He yelled back, "I already did!"

I went closer to the railings, making sure to hide myself in one of the desks leaning against it to hear better.

"Looks like you and your sister are fine here." A male voice said.

"We're more than fine." Travis replied.