The story that lays over me

Mulai dari awal

"Yeah, well, uh.........? She got a bullseye from twenty feet away!" Wade says excitedly and I laugh.

I could feel the stares of the other avengers on me as I talked, but I really didn't give two shits.

"That's very impressive peanut. Look, I'll see you in a few hours but I need to talk to Papa right now, ok?" I ask and I hear a hum of agreement.

"What's going on baby boy? I saw the news," Wade says and I sigh.

"It was a trap. They used some kind of device to make it appear as if we were attacking civilians and we were the bad guys. We need to hide out for a few days," I say and Wade sighs.

"I'll get some stuff out and see what I can do about sleeping arrangements. Zoe and I'll go shopping," Wade says and I smile.

"Thanks, babe," I say and cut off the radio transmission.

The rest of the ride is silent.

**********************

After four hours of flying, it was around nine pm. Everyone on the team was either asleep or nearly asleep. The only one who was really awake was Nebula. (Loong story, the short version is she joined the avengers after the whole Thanos thing, well that's pretty much the whole story).

"Nebula, could you get everyone up?" I ask quietly ask I land the now clocked quin jet.

Luckily, they didn't protest to being woken up. They just blearily trailed after each other while walking down the walkway to the roof. I lead them into the stairwell that lead to the rest of the building.

I lead them out of the stairwell when we reach the second floor and through the rest of the home until we get into the large living room where there are sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows spread around.

The team barely pulls of weapons from their bodes before collapsing into various sleeping positions. I felt a swell of pride as they trusted me that I took them to a safe place and they didn't need to worry about making sure it was safe. This felt especially nice when Natasha, Nebula, Bucky, Wanda, Pietro, and Loki seemed to be relaxed. With all of their trauma especially, it was hard for them to be relaxed.

I pull out my phone and take a few pictures of the now deep asleep ragtag family. I turn and walk down the same hallway to the master bedroom and smile at the sight. It looks like Wade and Zoe fell asleep while watching Steven Universe, again.

I change out of the bloody and torn suit and into a pair of pajamas. I crawl into bed beside Zoe and Wade is on the other side of her and I drift off to sleep.

*************************

"Daddy, Papa!" Zoe yells pouncing on us.

"Hey there little Zo bug," I say waking up and tickling her.

She giggles and tickles me back. Somehow my shirt had come off in the night but judging by Wade's grip on it, he stole it. I smile and pick Zoe up while getting out of bed. She starts poking at my chest and focuses on the new bullet scars.

"What happened Daddy?" Zoe asks and I smile while walking with her to the kitchen.

"Remember when I went away yesterday? Well, some bad guys hurt me pretty bad," I say and set her down on the island counter.

"Are you ok Daddy?" She asks in her adorable voice and I smile.

"Of course I'm ok. And you know what? I'm not going to let any bad guys hurt you," I say and tap her nose.