Panic (completed)

I wrote this in like an hour so its kind of rushed but I told you all that I would update on Wednesdays so here is the update.

It's Tuesday, the worse day of the week. Mom and Dad died on a Tuesday. Uncle Been died on a Tuesday. The fight with the vulture happened on a Tuesday. Flying up into space happened on a Tuesday. The snap happened on a Tuesday. Aunt May dying of cancer happened on a Tuesday.

Sometimes I think Tuesdays are evil and they are. It's kind of nice I guess that all the bad stuff in life happens on a Tuesday but then that leads me to think that it was all planned out for Tuesday.

I really thought that this would be a normal day, I mean I almost always have a panic attack of Tuesdays but it was always before or after school. I guess it was too much to ask that I don't have one in school.

I say in history class nearly falling asleep as I stayed up late last night while patrolling when the history teachers words caught my attention.

"We will be talking about what is now known as the infinity war. I know that if only happened six months ago but that still makes it history. Not much is known but historians have gathered what they know into these small books I will be handing out to you now," The teacher says picking up a large stack and putting a few on the first desk in the row to be passed back.

When I am passed one I freeze staring at him and feel my breath pick up. The person behind me taps my shoulder to get me to pass back the others to the other people behind him. Once all of the books are passed out and the teacher is back behind her desk she starts taking again.

"The master mind behind the snap was Thanos. He wished to creat balance in the universe by killing half of it," Ms. Crakle says.

I can feel myself start to panic and I am sweating heavily while my breathing is erratic.

"When Thanos killed half of the population, they were trapped in the soul stone. Not many people are willing to share their experiences but the few that did say that they were in an endless yellowy orangish colored place where there was about an inch of water on the ground. They reported that they were alone the whole time," Ms. Crakle says and I start shaking.

I know exactly what she is talking about besides one thing, the pain. What people don't know is that everyone was in an excruciating amount of pain the whole time.

"Four months after what is called the snap, it was reversed. Tony Stark and the rest of the Avengers killed Thanos. In order to reverse the snap, Tony Stark wears the gauntlet himself and snaps. His arm was blown off in the power that the gauntlet needed but he lived. Another memorable Avengers is Spider-Man even if he isn't officially an Avenger. Spider-Man took all of the people's pain at once for the last three months. He in an interview said that if everyone else was in as much pain as he was they would all go insane so he found a way to take their pain," The teacher says oblivious to my reaction. 

I can't take this anymore.

"I'm sorry," I say and run out of the class room.

I couldn't take another second if that. It was enough that I had to live through it every night and quite a few days and now I apparently have to listen to it every day for quite awhile. I dash out of the school and ignore the security guards calling after for me to stop.

I run all the way to my favorite café and walk in. Most of the costumes give me odd glances when I burst in but go back to what they were doing before but the girl behind the counter, Ally gives me a sympathetic look along with a small smile, I only come here when something is really bad.

I watch as she whispers to her co-worker and then makes a cup of coffee and tea. She walks over with a smile on her face to me and sets the tea in front of me and sits down across from me with the coffee.

"What happened?" She questions and I shrug.

"They started talking about IW in history class today," I say and she gives me a look of sympathy.

"I'm so sorry," Ally says and I shrug again.

"It was bound to happen at some point. What bothers me is that they make it seem as if I was the hero," I say and take a drink.

"You are a hero! You were prepared to sacrifice your own sanity do everyone else didn't feel the pain!" Ally says hotly.

"But that wouldn't have happened if u had gotten the gauntlet in the first place! I nearly had it but it slipped away! If I was stronger none of the snap would have happened!" I nearly yell and people look over at us oddly.

"It was not your fault. It was just meant to happen and if it is anyone's fault it was Quills," Ally says and I sigh.

"I still feel as if I could have done more. I should have been faster, stronger. If I was maybe-" I start dating but Ally glares at me.

"Do not to There! I was there for a long time after the car crash. I thought that if I was stronger I could have gotten the door open in time to s-save them. But I was wrong, there was no chance of me saving them. They were already dead and I had to learn to accept that and so do you. No matter how hard you try, there are some things you can't stop," Ally says and I open my mouth to argue but drop my head in defeat. She's right, she's always right.

"Thanks for listening and talking Alles," I say and she smiles.

"No problem," She says with a smile.

Soon she has to go back to work and I have to go back home. It may be over but it would take a long time to heal. But it will. It will heal and make me stronger along the way and really, that's fine.