Chapter 38: Cheap Thrills & Jimin Spills...Well, Almost

Start from the beginning

"My dad isn't around, he left four years ago," I replied, casting my eyes down onto the table in front of me.

When I looked back up at Namjoon his eyes were full of worry and regret, even though he had no idea about my family situation so he shouldn't feel bad.

"I am so sorry Y/N. I had no idea. Please forgive me," he said.

Yoongi spoke for me, his hand moving up to grasp mine that was sitting on the table. My fingernails were digging into the skin of my palm, and he had to force my fingers open to intertwine our fingers.

"How about we order guys, I'm starving," Yoongi said, laying his menu down and tapping on it.

Jimin finally showed his face, laying down his menu as well.

"Let's get meat lovers pizza and a cheese pizza, what do you think guys," Jimin said, pointing to the pizza lineup on the menu.

"That sounds good, don't you think hyung," Jungkook said, looking Yoongi's way for approval.

What is funny is I am sure Namjoon is the oldest, yet everyone looks at Yoongi for the final decision on things.

"Sounds good, Bun. I'll go order for us and get us some sodas," Yoongi said.

He gave my hand a final squeeze and stood up, moving towards the cashiers in the rear of the establishment.

I immediately missed his warmth and the smell of his musk – it was comforting to me.

While Yoongi ordered we had small talk, and I asked how long the guys were going to stay.

"We fly out tomorrow, unfortunately. We'd love to stay longer but they have to get to school," Namjoon said, gesturing towards Jimin and Jungkook.

"Oh, so you are out of school now," I asked.

Namjoon nodded, clasping his hands in front of him on the table.

"I graduated last year," he replied.

The wheels in my head were turning at this information. I wondered how old he was then.

"I'm 20 years old, if that is what you were going to ask next," Namjoon said, smiling and revealing a dimple.

This made me blush and I nodded, confirming it was what I was thinking next.

"I knew you were the oldest, just not sure by how much. So you're 20, Yoongi is 18, Jimin is 17, and Jungkook is 16," I asked. I think I got it right.

"Yep, that is correct, Jungkook has two more years of school left and I graduate this year. I'm turning 18 in February," Jimin said.

I hummed at this and looked over at Jungkook, who was staring at the table with wide eyes. He looked concerned....or Jungshook....at what Jimin just said.

"Are you nervous about Jimin graduating this year and you having to stay in school longer," I asked Jungkook.

Jungkook looked up at me then, his eyes going wide as he started to bounce a little in his seat.

"Yeah – I mean I will have Hobi still but Jimin and I are best friends," Jungkook said.

"Hobi? Who is he," I asked.

Namjoon pulled out his phone and scrolled through his pictures. 

"This is Hoseok, but we call him Hobi. He is newly 17, so he has 2 more years left like Jungkook. He is our fashion guru and loves to dance," Namjoon said, turning his phone towards me.