Chapter 11: An Eruption of Two Kinds...

Yoongi POV:

I ended up going into the main office of the club to settle some business regarding my prize money when I realized that everyone was leaving, and Y/N would probably be leaving as well. I ran back out to the floor to find her but she was nowhere in sight and the side door was blocked by people leaving so I made a run for the front door. I had to pass through the cash office and main office used by the owner of the club, but I had to see if I could catch her before she left.

Luckily I made it out there to see her before she pulled away, but I was still too late. I wanted to tell her how happy I was to see her there, even though I know she didn't initially come just to see me. She would have had no idea that I rap there every Friday night. It was a welcome sight though, and I wanted to pretend she was there to watch me, and maybe, just maybe, she was proud of how well I did.

I wasn't surprised that I had won and I knew Blackbear was pissed. He had been the reigning champ there for a while now, and was well known and respected in the area. I am sure he wasn't too pleased to be usurped by a new kid – a foreign one at that, since he seemed to have a problem with my culture. I overheard him speaking to the MC and bouncer about me, and he referred to me as a Ch*nk (Asian racial slur). It isn't the first time I've heard it since moving here, but it was a surprise nonetheless.

Thinking of the Devil makes him appear, apparently, as I see him coming towards me in my peripheral vision. He was smoking a cigarette, staring me down as he walked towards me. The street was empty and quiet, and pretty dark except for that lonely streetlamp and almost burnt out bulb above my head on the front of the building. He came close to me, flicking his still lit cigarette in my direction. It landed about 4 inches from my feet, and I left it smoldering, as I returned his gaze with one just as menacing.

He leaned in close to me, having to bend just slightly since he was a few inches taller than me. He was close enough that I could smell the alcohol and cigarette on his breath mixed with his nasty cologne and I wanted to puke.

"So, I bet you're pretty pleased you beat me, huh you Ch*nk fucker," he spat, weaving slightly as he stared me down.

I lifted my chin and ignored his insult, instead feeling the urge to put this dickhead in his place.

"I won because I am better than you. I guess Korea has a way of creating artists that can spit fire better than the amateurs I keep running into around here," I said, giving him my best cocky lopsided grin as I looked him up and down. I could have thrown a racial slur right back at him but, I'm not a bigoted asshole who has a problem with other people solely on the color of their skin or their culture. I couldn't give a flying fuck that he was white, I had a problem with the fact that he was an asshole. Assholes unfortunately come in many colors.

He obviously didn't like what I said and lunged at me, grabbing me by my shirt and moving his face even closer to me, his spittle spraying my face as he yelled at me, his eyes wild with anger. Around the corner came a leggy blonde, staggering slightly probably due to being drunk. She saw Blackbear and gave a yelp of happiness, tottering over to him on her heels, grasping his arm. I could only assume this was the girlfriend, which made me laugh because the diss I gave him regarding his girlfriend during my rap was made up, since I had no idea he actually had one. Now I could see two reasons why he was so pissed off at me.

"Hey baby, where were you," she said, her words slurring as she looked at him and then at me. "Heyyyyyy, you're that guy that beat my man here in the battle. You were soooooooooo good I couldn't believe it, you gotta rap like that again ok," she said, not realizing she was indirectly insulting her boyfriend while heaping me with praise.