Three Words, My Man?

"Hi! I'm Monica. You must be Dorothy's batchmate, am I right?", "Er, I'm Cole... N-n-nice to m-meet y-yo-u...", "Eh-okay?" It wasn't the best meeting I had with someone, and it certainly didn't hit it that much. But I knew at that moment, my heart would beat for someone special, and that... Is Monica.

Monica had a cheerful mood all the time. She had those cameras that would instantly develop the picture once taken. She always kept those hanging around once she needed something to be taken for memories. Monica wasn't the brightest of the bunch, but she was the most beautiful of all bouquets. The prettiest of princesses, the most dazzling of duchesses, the rose grown from a wilting garden, she was how I would describe them all. But for all stories of love told and untold was a tragedy that my heart could have easily foretold. She smiled her heart away, as her eyes looked straight away. To a guy not the best, not the brightest, but one to catch attention, you would see. Monica would soon fall head over heels to Reginald, a man, little of the wit, lots of the charm. I could see why she fell in love, out of all men, with him. But he had none of what she needed, but had I of it. So I talked to the man himself, Reginald. "Ask you shall I do, may I?", "Of course, you can.", "So, Monica... Are you two...?", "I cannot ensure it myself. Why shan't you ask her?" And without hesitation had I asked her about it. But she seemed mad, almost as if she embodied a volcano. Erupting, the most hurtful of words and volume so painful it had slain one's heart. "Why would you even think that Reginald and I have a relationship together? And what makes you think you could ask me that!? Just because you're my 'best friend' doesn't mean you've the right to access my personal life!" So has my heart been broken. Tear shed, life truly is a lie. I couldn't show her how heartwrenching her words were. Tried my best had I to hide my tears. It wasn't very manly of me, and around so many people. I see her and Reginald, as she smiled... I couldn't bear to see her grin, her smile once again. Had my heart moved on and ventured deeper...

Months passed since their breakup. I couldn't talk to her anymore, now that things have changed. Though we've mended back our friendship, it seems good times have come to an end. I'm in love too, with somebody as nice as pansies and rose petals and the summer's hue. Kind was he, and foolish was I, for now I too, shall move on. Yet again had I loved someone, tall and cheerful. Almost as cheerful as her, by the name of Jasper. He had given me joy for months due to his smile. "You truly are my best friend. Thanks for treating me always!" He replied on my phone as I felt pain on this single-sided love of mine. I had then went on to know his other side. Dirtily, had I played with him, exposure from his side of filth, then went on our rage and anger. We both were too good as lovers, let alone as friends, and so we drifted apart... Third in line was a rebound. All too good with talks and topics till it cane. The feeling of love, all too soon. As I remember, "I won't dismiss you, even if you'll treat me differently." My confession was to be handled without regret. But alas, had a promise been broken. Dismissed for how long already. I've had enough of this, then. I quit loving!

Months went on, Monica had returned. From us being drifted apart, it was basically no talk for nearly two years. Had my heart jumped, but pain had I felt from it, rock hard. Stone was my heart when she appeared. "Hi, Cole! It feels great to be with you again." Everything just went cold after time passed. "Hi, Monica." She'd accepted too how I began to love men of my type. But doesn't she know she, too, is in my heart? Months went on, after I'd loved someone she'd known, it was the promenade. Had I arrived early to take a moment to relax. She'd then arrived and approached me. "Hi, Cole!" Might I realize that I could devise a perfect plan to take her heart in this moment? I got colder and colder as wind struck by. "M'lady, care for a dance?" She'd blushed and answered, "Don't mind if I do, my man." And so we danced our hearts out. It's as if she'd fallen for me, suddenly. Monica looked dazzling as she always was and ever will be. She looked at me and she smiled. I blushed the red out of me. I knew my heart giggled the moment she did that. She then told me, "Cole, there's something I want to tell you." I nodded as she continued. "Even though you were my best friend, I just want to say that... I love you." I then answered, unprepared, "Well, I love you too! As a friend..." Monica replied, "Well, yes. But, I love you more than that. I do love you." I had nothing to spare anymore. I grabbed her by her back as heaven came down upon us. Sweet serenity surrounded us soothingly. I could feel our hearts beating as one, our bodies perspiring, our feelings twining, our lips finally colliding. We kissed as if the night as precious much enough. "I've waited so long for this moment, m'lady."

Midnight struck as the promenade finished. "You're living alone, aren't you, my man?", "How would you know, Monica?", "It takes one to know her lover as much.", "Is that so? Well, what can I do?" She convinced me, prettily, "My parents are on a business trip, so why don't you come with me. It'll be a fun sleepover..." I smiled and without hesitation, I agreed.

For some reason, we both ended up in a hotel. A love one, of all places. Is she persuading me? Should I take this opportunity? I had no regrets left. As we got to the room, I realized... There was only one bed. Does she expect me to? Moments passed as she stepped out of the bathroom. "So, Cole... Shall we proceed?"

Such a lethal love I've fallen myself into. Love or lust, whichever it is, I'm willing to do it for her. As we made love by the passing minutes, I knew it would feel so good. She looked at me, lustfully, and smiled. She knew what would motivate me into doing what's best everyday. As I did my best for her, she seemed to enjoy it. She really did seem to love me right this time. As we finished, I kissed her goodnight. She'd never looked as pretty and peaceful as ever when she sleeps. Nights like this I would never forget even once...

Many dates and months later would pass on, I gave her a ring on our ninth date to represent her joy and how she brings me ecstasy every smile she shows me. Unfortunately, I received a letter from my sister, saying that she'll be arriving to take me to Canada to further my studies there and to live there, her being my petitioner. Soon as I told Monica, she'd started crying. "Why do you have to go? Am I not enough?" I replied, "Of course! You're everything to me. But don't you think this is for my own good, for our own good?" She understood what I told her. So she nodded and hugged me tightly. "I hope that you'd be alright, okay?", "I'd say the same for you, too. Be safe for me, m'lady."

My sister agreed that I'd come after her. Months after I got my visa, it was finally time to go. But first, I had to make a call. "Hey, Monica. It's me, Cole. Won't you take me to the airport, even if it's the last time we see each other?" Minutes later, "Hey, my man. Come on in. I'll help you with your things." As she drove, I can't help but look at her music player. It was playing our favorite song. Was she actually planning this moment? I can't help but sing along. She smiled as she said, "You still remember how this song played out as I drove you home on our first date, don't you?", "You really got my heart, m'lady."

As I got my things checked-in, I couldn't help but look at Monica once more. She was crying uncontrollably, as I hear her murmur, "Don't go... Cole, please don't go..." I felt tears coming out of my eyes as I approached her. "Don't worry, m'lady... You'll know what happens after a few years." As the intercom makes its final call on my flight, I tell Monica, "The moment I met you, you only knew me because of my batchmate... At that moment, I learned how to cherish someone who shone like a blue star. Someone as pure as a rose, as cheerful as spring, someone as perfect as you..." Tears fall down on her eyes even more than before. Ten more minutes until my flight leaves. "Hey, Cole. Come here for a second..." Once again, I respond, "What do you wish, m'lady?" She then said, "Three words, my man? I love you" She quickly added, "And please be safe." I laughed. A ring, a proposal, cheers around the airport, my flight getting a bit delayed, a hug that lasted minutes, a hug turning into a slow dance, a somber, calm, sweet music playing at the airport. I smiled as I kissed her goodbye. Monica had everything. I had her as my everything, too. Canada, I am on my way. Three words from her mouth I could never forget... I love you.