Chapter X

Sometimes it's better it avoid people.
The people that mess with your head,
The people that say things that upset you,
The people that want to hurt you.
But sometimes it's better to handle them...
it your own way...

—————————————————————————————————————————————

"I can't. You'll hate me."  Noah said lowering his gaze towards the floor, refusing to make any kind of eye contact.

"Tell her!" A voice sneered for the second time. Their class had just finished and Noah had made is way out of the class room, waiting for Alexandrine at the door when not taking his eyes off of him. The mans blond hair was left shaggy and out of place and his brows furrowed in evident anger. As his eyes blaze with furry.

"Tell me what?" Alexandrine questioned, confusion painted her face in a way it never had before.

Noah looked up, his eyes beseeching, "it's nothing."

She didn't believe him, how could she? Her eyes narrowed in on a purple ring that had began to circle his eyes, a fire was lit at the sight.

"Nothing! Nothing! You disgusted me!" The man spat in his face, launching forward taking another swing at Noah's fear filled face.

"No, Bentley, please don't!" He shouted, it was his cousin.

Alexandrine had had enough. No matter what Noah had done she still considered him her best friend - her first one in so long - she couldn't give up on him so easily. She took one step forward grabbing the mans collar with both hands, throwing his body up onto the lockers that stretched along the hallway walls. His shirt crinkled under her fists as his legs began to tremble with his terrified weight.

She pulled his body down - face level to face. He shrinks back, his head being held in place, not able to move it any further back.

"What was so important you couldn't wait until he was ready?" Alexandrine hissed through gritted teeth. A silent shiver tugged behind his voice as he turned into a mumbling mess as his arms bent at the elbow, palms raised flat out in front of himself in full cowering surrender.

She removed her hand away from his short and drew her arm back, fisting her fingers ready for impact. She smiled - a genuine, sadistic smile. Everyone began crowding around at this point. Many screaming and cheering meanwhile others took videos and pictures at the events transpiring before them.

Fingers clasped around her wrist, a light wavering grip, almost hesitate on how effective it could possibly be, eyes wide in a shocked glare she met the figures eyes, only for a split second but a second too long as she looked up at the brave soul that was willing to put themselves in the middle of her and her prey, before snapping her eyes straight towards the still shaking form before her.

"Stop - stop..." the voice cracked at its first attempt, correcting itself the second time around. "Please... don't. He's not worth it."

"Everyone needs a good punch around the face from time to time." She giggled not taking her eyes off of Bentley again.

"Please..." he begged helplessly. The situation seemingly out of anyone's control.

Her stance enervated slightly at the emotions in his voice. She couldn't do this to Noah. This was his to sort out. This was his to finish...

It slick sharp movements she released her grasp, looked down at his pathetic excuse at self defence, sneaking as his knees gave way beneath him, leaving him crashing down to the floor and slumping against the lockers. He tilted his head up, resting the back of it against them too as he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to regulate his ragged breathing.

Alexandrines lips twitched up, forming her signature smirk while slowly sliding her glasses through her hair, began playing with them during her final glance his way, then placed them over her eyes. 

***********

Noah snapped out of his daze when he realised all the questions running wild throughout his mind would never be answered without her, Alexandrine. He needed to find her.

He began running after her down the corridors and around the turn. He came to a holt, all the air knocked out of his lungs when he spot her wavy ponytail through the crowd.

He wasn't ready to answer any questions but knew he wasn't willing to jeopardise their friendship yet - - or rather never.

Taking a deep breath in, trying to rid himself of all he had just seen she was capable of, he pushed his barely compliant legs on, springing towards her, scared he'd lose her in the crowds.

As he neared she could feel his presents, hear his foot steps approaching - hear his quickening breath. Without any sign of warning she slowed her pace practically to a stop before whipping around to face him.

He didn't know what to say as he stood face to face with the person he had seen only moments ago defend him against the one person he could never bring himself to even raise his voice to so he resulted in a rather planed drawn out 'ummm' sound. Before finally gaining whatever courage he could, forming his fear into words, turning it into a question to avoid the real reason he and his cousin didn't get along.

"I guess you wanna know what that was about?" He started nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck trying to divert his gaze.

However much to his surprise Alexandrine took this free hand holding it between both of hers. She looked straight into his eyes, never wavering until he finally caved and met her persistent stares.

"You don't have to explain anything until you feel comfortable." She spoke in a soft comforting voice. She knew more then anybody how hard it could be to be open with someone, much less considering they had only just met.

A sudden wave of relief washed away all this worries - that's why when she began to drag him away, pulling him through the the swarming people - - he let her.

*********

Thank you so much for all of your interest in my story. Since my last update I have gained around one hundred more reads and I couldn't be happier.

Please remember to leave comments and vote (if you want to).

I'm really sorry I know this story is suppose to be more about Striker and Alexandrines relationship - friendship or more 😉. But believe me it is coming. And very soon. I feel like I dragged this out a little but I'm gonna skip a little bit of my original thoughts to skip to the main 'how this will happen' parts it the next few chapters.

And I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about Noah and seeing Alexandrines bargirls side come back out to play on an whole new scale of awesomeness.

What do you think Bentley and Noah was talking about.

Why do you think Bentley felt the need to punch him.

How did you like the way Alexandrine handled it.