Chapter IX

There will always be a reason you meet people,
Either to change your life,
Or you're the one to change theirs.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Somehow in between walking from the school entrance to her locker Alexandrine had ended up crashing to the floor. A heavy figure came rushing down on top of her with a crack on impact.

"I'm -I'm soooooo sorry!" A masculine voice stuttered out, dragging out the 'so' for added emphasis.

'At least he's nice.' She thought remembering the last time she was in a situation alike to this.

'You mean nicer then mr. Douche.' Her subconscious chuckled along with her.

'Yes, brain, yes. That is exactly what I meant.'

"Here let me help you up." The mystery guy said nervously, extending his hand.

Alexandrine raised herself of the ground, placing her head towards her right shoulder, then to her left, both times hearing and feeling the tension being released through the satisfying click.

Her eyes casted up towards the figure that had ran into her, she searched his deep bark brown eyes for any sign or familiarity, to which she found none.

He opened his mouth slightly but only managed to breath out a slight dragged out "errrr." At her unwillingness to taking his hand.

"Alexandrine." She introduced in an attempt to put him at ease, he dropped his hand to his side, so she assumed her attempt had worked.

"Noah." He sighed in relief, coursing Alexandrine to inaudibly giggle. She holds out her hand awaiting for Noah to take it. After staring at her outstretched hand for what felt like minutes, in the same manner as she had just done, he took it smiling. "It's lovely to meet you."

"You too." She smiled, unsure of what to do or say next.

"Hey I hate to trouble you, but I'm kinda new here - " Noah began before Alexandrine cut him off.

"- you want me to show you to your lesson." She grinned at the irony, she left a pause just long enough for him to nod his head while she chuckled at his misfortune -she didn't know where anything was either.

"Truth be told, I'm new as well." She continued her soft laugh, as he joined in.

"Man this is bad luck." He began, but decided to expand on it. "I guess we'll have to be lost together." This made them both begin to laugh harder.

Alexandrine never expected this. She was never good at making friends, even when she tried, it never seemed to workout for her.

'What made this time different?' She thought trying to piece why everything seemed so easy with him.

His blond hair fell messily to the side of his forehead, cut short but not styled in anyway. He seemed neat and tidy, but yet had this type of rugged innocence to his form. He was tall, very tall from what she could tell, only reaching up to his shoulder at a push.

'he had to be between five foot twelve and six foot...' she stopped herself, reevaluating her answer '...I don't even know - ' She them paused before finishing of with an exasperated sigh 'six foot something.'

'Ugh tall people.' She rolled her eyes. 'Always making me feel short.'

'That's because you are short.' She mock debated herself.