Chapter 23

Ajay was a not a human but a wizard, Mehek was unable to accept it. He was her best friend. She knew him all her life. "Ajay's mother always protected me", Meera told Mehek, "Although a witch, she was just like me. Broken hearted and lonely. We helped eachother and wanted to keep our children away from the darkness. While you grew up to be a human, Ajay inherited powers from his mother. But I never imagined that he will use it to spoil your life. He always seemed to be your best friend. I attributed his anger upon finding your engagement to be his affection towards you. I never imagined he was jealous and wanted to punish you. May be exposure to wizard school and his kind, changed him for worse". Mehek was in dismay. Myriad of emotions flooded her mind. She was unable to comprehend her life. Nothing made sense and she couldn't untangle her life from the bizarreness. She wanted to scream on top of her voice but was afraid to scare her mother with a violent outburst.

Shaurya looked for a towel in the club house. He was staying in the wellness section of the clinic. He didn't want to be away from Mehek but knew she needed space to figure out things. Despite his orders, Vivaan had told everything to Mehek. He wanted to bare the truth to her and was waiting for right time. Perhaps hearing it from a third person was better yet he was skeptical. Mehek's lack of response made him anxious. He swam for many rounds and finally gave up when he had enough to tire his body. "Having a good time?", Mehek's voice startled him while he wrapped towel around his waist. 

Mehek was still in cotton hospital gown provided for patients. She looked weak and pale yet her face was burning with various emotions, predominantly anger. "I heard that you are enjoying the spa here", she mocked him,"masseuses here appear to be skillful". He wanted to explain but knew it was in vain. "How are you, Mehek?", he asked earnestly. "Me? Funny that you asked. I am good , infact great", she made fun of herself, "I no longer know what to believe as truth". 

"Mehek, I know it is confusing", he tried to explain but she blocked him. "You have no idea, Mr Alpha. My father is using me. My mother always kept things hidden from me. My best friend was just a ruse. I don't know who is human or supernatural. And to top it all , My so-called-wolfy-mate-slash-husband never fails to hurt me", she turned to him, "Nothing makes sense any more". She moved closer to him as if trying to be in her arms. Shaurya wanted to comfort her but remained skeptical. He wasn't sure whether she preferred his proximity.

Once Mehek moved closer and leaned against his chest, it didn't take him another moment to cover her in his arms. "It will be fine, Mehek", he consoled her. "Nothing makes sense", she kept on chanting and he went on consoling her until he felt her lips on his chest. He wasn't displeased but it felt wrong. "Nothing makes sense", she told again, "except....", she looked at him, "the Lust I feel for you". Before he could comprehend, she pulled him down for a carnal kiss. He wanted to fight but she devoured him with passion and soon they were kissing fervently. Mehek forcefully pushed them into near by spa room and locked it.

Once their lips fell apart, Shaurya gained his senses. "Mehek, stop. This is wrong and definitely not what you need right now", he advised her. "I want you", she pushed him on floor and sat on his crouch, "my desire for your body is not an illusion. Call it mate bond or lust or anything you prefer, but this is Real", starting to kiss him sensuously . Ironically, her torturous mouth and hands were making him hard. She lifted her delicate gown and started to rub herself on him. Her palms were on his shoulders to secure him on floor and she positioned to take him inside. "Our need of flesh is the only truth", she told as if trying to cement her belief. But her words woke him and with whatever sanity left in him, he managed to pushed her away. While Mehek whimpered in pain, he grabbed nearby jug of water and splashed it's contents on her face. "Wake up, Mehek", he yelled at him.

Mehek felt lost and confused. Adding to it, she was ashamed. She covered her face and started to weep. Soon she felt his warmth engulfing her. In reflex she leaned onto his chest and wailed. "I am truly sorry for your misery, Mehek. But please don't degrade our love as mere physical need. If I just desired your body, then I would have used you during your heat", he rubbed her arms to comfort her. She tried to calm herself "I won't say hollow words like all-be-fine. I can only promise to be with you always to face every problems; till my last breath". His words were consoling but she cried again. "I love you, Mehek. But I know you are deeply hurt by my actions. Even if I was under influence of spell, I agree that I was at fault. But if you could bring yourself give me another chance, I promise to be better". Mehek remained silent and wiped her face, "What if I cannot forgive you and disagree to give you another chance?".

It pained Shaurya to realise that after everything Mehek had gone through, there is a huge chance for her to reject him. He broke their hug and looked away to avoid her piercing gaze. But after a pregnant pause, he sighed, "Then will respect your decision and accept it. I will always be there to protect you and Meera Aunty, until the day you find a man worthy of your affections". "Then you can also move on, without any guilty conscience", she said softly. He peered at her, "I will never chose anyone else, Mehek. In this life time, I will not have another mate. It was just you and will always be you. I love you". She quickly snaked her hands around his neck and leaned to his body,"I love you too, Shaurya. I understand your side but it is not easy to forgive & forget". Shaurya was relieved hearing her honest words. As long as Mehek loves him, he was ready to give her space and time to think through.

"Take your time, my Love. I promise I will be waiting for you patiently", he kissed her palms. Mehek looked into his eyes and spoke, "It all appears like a dream. I am afraid that I will wake up and be tormented". He knew her agony and tried to lighten the mood. "Dream? More like a nightmare. You just tried to molest me, Mehek. I feel so violated", he acted like a victim. Mehek smiled weakly at his playfulness, "Then we are even. Hope you understand how I felt when you tried to force yourself on me". Although she tried to match his humour, he understood her pain. "Once I was out of the spell, I felt so ashamed. Shruti was tried and executed for treason. She dared to plot against her Alpha and hurt her Luna. Above all, being a woman she stopped so low to hurt another woman". They both sat in silence for few minutes. Mehek tried to get up but felt terribly weak. Shaurya helped her to nearby bed. "Let me take you back to your room", he offered and she accepted his helping hand.

Once Shaurya settled Mehek on hospital bed, Mehek held his wrist, "Please don't leave. I feel so scared. Stay until I fall asleep". He pecked her forehead, "I will stay beside the whole night". She smiled and relaxed. He chose to sit on the near by chair. But she moved to provide him enough space to lay beside her. Without further invitation he joined her. She rested on his chest, listening to his rhythmic heart beats. Soon Mehek closed her eyes, sleep graced her.