Chapter 19

"Nehal", Mehek exclaimed when she saw her sister at the door and ran to embrace her. Mehek quickly withdrew and looked at her baby bump in awe. She wasn't aware that Nehal is with child. "Congrats, Nehal. I didn't know. Nobody told me", she glared at DK and Mohit. "A lot was happening, Mehek. Later I thought it will be pleasant surprise for you", DK explained to Mehek. She couldn't stay mad for long. She was happy and excited for her sister. She noticed that Nehal looked pale and tired. "You look so weak, Nehal. Don't worry now that I am here. I will take good care of you and ensure you will glow in few days", Mehek consoled Nehal. "You are a married woman, Mehek", DK voice bore the same disciplinary command that scared both girls, "your prime duty is to attend your husband". 

Mehek winced slightly at his harsh tone. Somehow in few days, she got used to his affectionate side. She knew very well that her father was trying to put up a good show before Shaurya yet it hurt her. Nehal was quick to recollect herself, "Alpha Shaurya,Luna Mehek, I am sorry I couldn't attend your wedding ceremony. Please accept my good wishes. Congrats to both". Shaurya who till now remained as a mute spectator, nodded his head in acknowledgement. "Thank you for your wishes, Luna Nehal . I heard that you were taken ill at the time of our wedding so no need to apologise", he casually moved towards Mehek and side hugged her.

It's been a week since they got married. Yet Mehek was unable to feel safe around Shaurya. True to his words, he remained within his boundaries. But he never wasted any opportunity get closer to her. Frequent hugs, occasional pecks on her face and accidental brushes of his hands on her body were in abundant. She wanted to snap at him but kept herself in check. She had noticed that public display of affection was more whenever DK or pack members visited them. Mehek took a deep breath when his long fingers caressed her skin smoothly. 

"Which month are you in?", Shaurya asked casually but the menacing tone cannot go unnoticed. Nehal's eyes wandered around nervously before answering him. "I know you got plenty of time before the big day. Although your belly looks as if you will burst anytime", his act to humour didn't please anyone other than Mohit. He laughed with Shaurya but became quiet when DK glared at him. "Can I use your bathroom?", Nehal gave excuse to escape. Mehek offered to serve tea but Shaurya stopped her, "Why don't you spend some time with your father, Wifey? Meanwhile Mohit and I will prepare tea". Mohit was eager to accompany his new brother-in-law and bond with him.

"Have you both got intimate after marriage?", Mehek was astonished by DK's direct query. She gasped in reflex but shook her head. "He is keeping his distance and acting like a gentleman", Mehek had to admit that Shaurya kept his word. "Then why are you not consummating? Isn't mate bond bringing you closer?", he shot at her. Mehek was taken aback again. DK sensed her uneasiness and got calm, "Mehek, I am sorry but I am so worried about Meera. Unless you have a hold on Shaurya, he will never free Meera. The best way is to keep him satisfied". "I am not a temptress, Father. You cannot expect me to sleep with him to leak his secrets", Mehek replied vehemently. DK pinched his nose in frustration, "Listen, Mehek. For sake of your mother's safety, pull up you act and do duties of a wife. Once you are with his child, he will have no other options but listen to us". "Father", Mehek sprang to her feet, "Are you insane? How could you even think ...", she couldn't finish when he held her hand with an apologetic expression. "Listen my child", he touched her lovingly, "I wouldn't have pushed you unless it is inevitable. You have to sacrifice to save your mother. A poor soul like Meera will never be able to endure his torture for long". 

DK's words brought tears in her eyes. "All okay?", father-daughter duo were startled by Mohit. DK nodded while Mehek hid her tears. "Hope you didn't make my bride sad, FATHER", Shaurya acted playful but was serious while he served tea. "Son, I would never dare", DK acted his part perfectly while he noticed Nehal who emerged to join them. "I was advising Mehek that she should also follow her sister and bear your heir soon", DK continued. Mohit, Nehal and Mehek became uncomfortable sensing the direction in which DK was heading. Shaurya looked pleased and spoke thoughtfully, "We are doing good. Infact,I was thinking about a short trip with Mehek. Few days away from here". "Good idea", DK clapped his hands, "A honeymoon is what the newlyweds deserve". Shaurya smirked at Mehek, indicating that she will be out of her safety abode soon and her father is not going to help.

Late night, Mehek's sleep was disturbed by sounds from wardrobe. "Where are you going at this hour?", she asked Shaurya. It appeared that he was dressed up leave and made enough noise to wake her up. "To meet Nehal", he replied casually. "What??", all the drowsiness was shaken away from her. "She passed me this note while sneaking into the kitchen", he tossed a piece of paper. She sprang on to the tiny bit and read it. It was indeed a note, asking Shaurya to meet her in the barn during late hours. "Are you coming?", he asked her. Mehek was at loss. Her sister had invited her husband for a secret rendezvous and he was checking whether she was interested to accompany him. Still she nodded and changed quickly to join him.

Mehek kept fair distance behind while Shaurya entered the barn. Nehal was waiting for him. She smiled brightly at him, "Thanks for coming. I was half expecting that you may bail". Mehek winced at her words yet stayed put. "What do you want, Nehal?", he asked blatantly. "I don't want anything, Alpha Shaurya", her words were surprising, "But this child", she held her belly, "your nephew needs your protection". "What???", Shaurya cried out, so did Mehek. She couldn't contain herself and came before Nehal, "What are you blabbering, Nehal?". Nehal hadn't expected Mehek's arrival but wasn't disappointed. "It's true, Mehek. I am carrying Vicky's child". Shaurya and Mehek looked at one another.

"Does our Father know about it?", Mehek asked quickly. Nehal shook her head, "He doesn't but my husband knows. He didn't throw me out, fearing disgrace. But he demands to abandon the child". Nehal sobbed and Mehek hugged her. "I am just a breeding machine for him. He is aging and wants heirs soon. It fears me that he will harm my baby", she whimpered in pain. Mehek looked at both of them being puzzled. "If the child doesn't survive, then the mother wolf goes into heat sooner so that couples can reproduce again. So for Nehal's husband, it is convenient if the baby is eliminated", Shaurya explained. "You mean he may kill her child so that Nehal could carry his babies", Mehek was aghast. "Most probably. He still wants Nehal to produce his heirs so she is lucky to be alive. Else he would have executed her already", Shaurya's words send shiver through her spine. "Will you please help her?", Mehek pled him, holding Nehel closely. To their utter relief, he nodded in agreement.

Next morning, Sanjay handed him newspaper while DK enjoyed his morning coffee. "Alphas Shaurya has taken Mehek to the resort near hill side", Sanjay informed. DK nodded, "He had informed me that he wants to take her for a honeymoon". "Our wolves are tailing them", Sanjay told. "Ask them to come back. We need to show Alpha Shaurya that he can trust us as we trust him", DK instructed. "But what about Mehek? Won't she still need our protection? Aren't you afraid to lose her?", Sanjay was unsure. "When she has a powerful mate like Shaurya near her, she is safe", DK laughed sarcastically , "And if your concern is about Shaurya then I am at rest. He need not force her. He knows that she will be in heat soon. I am sure when they return from their honeymoon, it will be with good news". Sanjay too smiled sensing his master's happiness, "Time to set up the nursery, Sir. Your grand-kids will need it". 

DK beamed with pride, "True bloods born from powerful Alphas. They shall grow under my guidance and discipline. I will ensure they don't turn imbeciles like my children but be ruthless warriors. I will train them to become my perfect pawns who will lead me to glory and make me king of Alphas". His evil laugh scared even Sanjay but he asked, "What if Shaurya takes Mehek to his pack?". DK brushed his doubt aside, "Even then Mehek will run back to us. She won't trust Shaurya and feel unsafe in his pack. Didn't I portray myself as a repenting father who cares for his daughter?", he smirked,"I never thought my illegitimate human daughter will become such a valuable asset". Sanjay agreed and tried to take his leave but DK instructed, "Keep an eye on Nehal. Unlike Mehek, she is clever and could understand that we are after the heir of Alpha in her womb. Ensure that she doesn't try to leave our pack". Sanjay nodded and left.