No - Modern AU! - Jean x Reader

Start from the beginning

Eren wasted no time in hugging you back. He always loved hugging you because you always held him in a comfortable, tight manner and let him cry on your shoulder. You two were like siblings.

"I'm sorry he said that," you whispered, stroking his hair soothingly.

~~~

That incident had occurred nearly two weeks ago, and you had yet to speak to Jean other than the highly aggressive arguments you two engaged in everytime you were near each other. You were so unbelivably pissed at him, moreso now because he fought with you on every little thing when he could simply ignore you.

At the same time you felt bad for Marco because he was a close friend to both you and Jean. It left him in incredibly awkward situations when it was miraculously all three of you together. You and Jean would randomly start screaming at each other over the littlest things with Marco right in the middle of it.

You were sitting in your room of the apartment you shared with Ymir and Annie. You had books and papers scattered all over your desk as you feverishly worked on homework and studied for your next class in two days. 

"Hey, (F/N). I'm going to stay with Christa tonight so don't worry about keeping any lights on for me," Ymir announced as she poked her head into your room. You gave her a thumbs up without turning around and listened to her retreating footsteps before focusing back on the essay in front of you. 

"Honestly, what the hell," you grumbled. You glared at the piece of planning paper. You had the sudden urge to rip it into pieces and burn it. 

You reread the three paragraphs you already had written and just when you were about to jump back into it, a sharp knock sounded throughout the apartment. 

"Annie!" You shrieked for the blonde; it was probably for her anyway. "The door!" 

You waited several seconds for the sound of the front door opening. When you heard nothing, you groaned and got up. 

It didn't register in your mind until you were halfway to the door that Annie was out getting pizza with Reiner and Bertholdt. 

You opened the door and smiled when you found Marco standing there. 

"Hey Freckles," you greeted. You stood to the side to let him in. 

"Uh, actually I was wondering if you could come with me. I need help with my English essay and you know how Mr. Ackerman gets when it isn't perfect," he informed you. Your face lit up at his words. 

"That's actually not a problem at all because I was kind of struggling too," you told him. "Let me go make myself look presentable and then we could go to the park or something." 

Marco nodded and you closed the door. You already had your baggy shirt off by the time you made it back to your room. You exchanged your sweatpants, shirt, and slippers for a pair of jeans, a sweater, and a pair of boots. You brushed through your long hair and added a small amount of make-up so you wouldn't look so dead. 

You gathered your textbooks and papers into your messenger bag and grabbed your house key. Once you were ready enough, you walked back outside with a smile. 

You locked the door behind you and pocketed the key. 

"Ready?" You asked Marco. He smiled and nodded at you. He led the way towards the elevator. 

It didn't take long for the two of you to get downstairs and into his warmer car. 

"Do you mind if we stop by my place first? I just realized I forgot my textbook," Marco said. You shrugged, not really caring. It didn't enter your mind that Jean was Marco's roommate and he was more than likely going to be there; you were so used to ignoring his presence that you forgot he even existed.