We Have A Sleepover- Virgil

"My honey I know with the dawn that you will be gone. But tonight you belong to me."

I quickly sprayed the hair dye back into my hair as Roman stood by the door. It was late, around 9 in the evening. It was the last day of tech week, Wednesday, and Roman has someone convinced his parents to let me spend the night over there. I had begged and pleaded with my mother, who eventually caved after having the most embarrassing conversation with me. I didn't have the heart to tell her this wasn't the first night we were spending with each other. This time, however, would be PG.

"Gorgeous as per usual," Roman wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up. I kicked and laughed but he wouldn't put me down. "I don't understand how you do it!"

"That makes two of us," I kicked his shin lightly and he dropped me on my feet. "Now, let's go. I want to go home and just relax." And maybe tonight, I'll tell you.

"I understand the urge entirely." He grabbed my hands and pulled me out to the parking lot, before letting go of my hand and sliding into the passenger's seat of his mother's sedan. "Hey, Mom."

"Hey, Roman. And nice to see you again, Virgil!" Ruth turned around in her seat and smiled at me as I clambered into the backseat. "Did your mother like those brownies I sent home with you?"

I remembered how quickly she scarfed them down, eyes blazing. "Yes, ma'am. She sends her thanks."

"Oh, you make me sound so old." She said, but I could tell she was enjoying every second of the forced banter. Roman and I shared a glance. "I'll drop you boys off home and then I'm heading out to my book club. Your father is out for some business cocktails, so the two of you will have the house to yourselves this evening. I trust you won't burn the house down?"

"No ma'am," I reassured her as I tried to ignore Roman's eyes flare with interest. "We'll be just fine."
__ __

Roman unlocked the front door and we stepped inside. I dropped my bag by the door and looked around. It was the same as when I was here a few weeks ago, but I was suddenly aware of how big and empty it was. Roman walked up the stairs and I followed without question. He opened the door to his room and it was exactly how I expected it. There was a king-sized canopy bed with a red blanket and a small desk tucked away in the corner. Playbills were pinned to the wall.

"So, were there any scenes you wanted to do?" Roman sat on the edge of the bed and gestured for me to sit next to him.

"Maybe just one or two." I sat down and we ran through a few of the scenes from the second act. I fumbled over a few of my words as I felt Roman trace small circles on the inside of my wrist and slowly moved his way up. He leaned a little closer and pressed a teasingly soft kiss onto my lips. I melted into his touch and leaned closer. He pushed back and tangled his fingers into my hair. The hairspray came off onto his hands from the heat. He pushed a little more and I fell back onto the bed. He stayed to my side but his hands moved down to my hips.

"Baby," I laughed as I tried to push Roman off my neck as he gently nibbled down. "We have things we have to do."

"Mm, I agree." He purred as he held onto my waist, but I wriggled out of his grasp. "Oh, come on. You know your lines. No one's in the house right now. I'm not saying we get that far," he lifted my chin with a single finger. "But why can't we have a little fun?"

I glanced quickly at the alarm clock sitting on his nightstand. 10 o'clock. Which meant someone was going to be home soon. And as much as I wanted Roman, this wasn't going to be a good idea. But knowing my idiot boyfriend, he wouldn't listen to sound logic. I could make him wait for a little.

"How about this?" I sat up and moved Roman's hands back. "You indulge me in one more scene and you might get a reward."

"I can work with that," he kissed my neck again and I could feel my face on fire. "Which scene?"

"Act two, scene five." I bopped his nose. "Remember it?"

"Please, I can do this." He cleared his throat and fixed his posture, getting into the character of Thomas.

"So, you just weren't going to tell me?"

"Get over yourself, Thomas. The world does not revolve around you and you might have to consider other people for once in your life." I shook my head and tried to focus.

"Hypocrite say what? This affects me too and you didn't want to tell me? It's hurtful that you don't trust me."

"God, Thomas, you don't get it, do you? I didn't tell you because I love you more than anything in my life. And I didn't want to lose you. I still don't. But if you really feel like that, maybe this was the right thing to do." I poured whatever energy I had left into the words.

"Wait, that's not what I was saying-"

"Well, it's what I was hearing. So take your stupid sword and your quest and leave. Find someone you think is worth it." I took a deep breath. End of the scene.

"So, about that re-" Roman leaned in again but I heard the door open up downstairs. He looked at my smirk and kissed me anyway. "You planned it like that, didn't you?"

I only shrugged to which he responded, "Tease." Which I was, but with Roman, you take whatever pleasure you can in tormenting him.

It had turned out to be his father with a pizza. We stayed up a little longer and ate, despite Roman's protest of dairy. We eventually made our way back up the stairs and got ready to finally sleep. I borrowed a sweatshirt and some shorts from Roman and set up my blanket on the floor. Did you really think we were going to get away with sleeping with each other?

Just before we drifted to sleep, Roman held my hand and muttered. "You never get to tell me what you want to."

I sighed and didn't open my eyes. "I know."

"Promise you'll tell me tomorrow?"

I paused for a moment. "Promise."
__ __

We're almost at the end of our story, folks! And by that I mean 2 more parts not including an epilogue. I hope you liked coming on this journey of writing with me, I loved writing this. Question: What's the best advice you have for aspiring writers? Mine would be: If your writing looks bland and boring, that's because you wrote it and have seen it a million times. Readers will look at it with a fresh pair of eyes. Keep that in mind always. Take it easy guys gals and non-binary pals. Peace out!