Chapter 12: the Return and the Date

It's been a week since they left the Land of Waves, and Team Darui has just entered Kumo. Team Darui goes directly to the Raikage's office. The Raikage stays quiet for a second, and asks, "So how did the mission go?"

Darui answers, "Well Boss, it wasn't dull that's for sure. The team guarding Tazuna was a Genin Squad from Konoha, with one Kakashi Hatake as their Jounin. The star Genin of the squad is Sasuke Uchiha..."

Naruto interrupts, and says, "Sasuke is the Otōto (Little Brother) of Itachi Uchiha, you know the one that killed the Uchiha in one night."

Darui then continues, "Another member of the squad used used Ink Jutsu..."

Naruto again interrupts, "His name is Sai. He is a ROOT ANBU member, and only one the team so he can test Sasuke, so that Sasuke can join ROOT."

Darui then says, "That's enough, Naruto! Anyway Gatō hired Zabuza Momochi, a former member of the Seven Ninja Swordsman of the Mist to kill the bridge builder, he must have failed, since he "hired" us to do it. When we got to Nami no Kuni (Land of Waves), Naruto summoned a toad to scout the island. Good thing too, as we found out a couple days before we got your order to kill Gatō. So we teamed up with Kakashi's team, which is named Team 7, and protected Tazuna. While they trained, Naruto and Kakashi's Genin did simple spars. Naruto wanted to see how he stacked up. When we got your order we killed him that night, and looted half of his vault, which hilariously filled to the brim with Ryo."

Naruto then hands the Raikage the scroll filled with the Ryo from Gatō. Darui then says, "A couple days later, My team, and Team 7 had a fight with Zabuza on the bridge that Tazuna was building. We stopped fighting, when what is apparently Gatō's replacement Shizuma Hoshigaki, showed up, with four hundred mercenaries, and tried to attack all three of us. So Naruto then used the Hiraishin, and killed Shizuma, and all of the mercenaries. A couple days later, we left Nami. Tazuna named the bridge after Naruto, here."

The Raikage gives Naruto a looks, and Naruto says, "Yup, the people of Nami no Kuni named the bridge "The Great Naruto Uzumaki Bridge"! They were going to name it "The Great Bridge of Kumo's Yellow Flash, Naruto Uzumaki", but thought it was too long of a name."

The Raikage says, "Naruto, you are dismissed! Darui stay, we have a meeting to attend to!"

So Naruto leaves the Raikage's office to go to the apartment, and chillax. While Darui, and the Raikage stay, and wait for the other Jounin to come so they can start the meeting.

Darui says, "Dull, but you like the second name, don't you?"

The Raikage replies, "I do. It raises the name of Kumo in a better light, then being known as the Bloodline Stealer!"

Darui says, "As we left, the villagers called Naruto, Nami no kyūseishu (Saviour of the Wave)."

The Raikage nods, and asks, "So, what happened to Zabuza?"

Darui answers, "Kakashi, and his students offered him, and his apprentice a chance to be shinobi of Konoha, but they declined.

And then, one by one, Killer B, Samui, C, Dodai, Yugito Nii, and all of the other Jounin appear in the office. The Raikage says, "Let's just get this started. The Chunin Selection Exams are coming up in a month, and this time it's in Konoha. So step up, state your name, and student. Then says whether, or not you allow them to participate in these exams."

Darui steps up first, and says, "I, Darui, approve Naruto Uzumaki to participate in the Chunin Selection Exams."

Killer B is the next to step up. He says, "Yo! I'm Killer B, Lord of the Jinchuuriki! If you don't know that, than you are a... Fool! I approve for my kiddos to rock these exams."